Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Card Photo

I mentioned a few days ago that I would post, and discuss, the Christmas card photo we sent out this year, after enough time had passed that everyone receiving one in the mail, actually received it! I think today would be a good day for that...

This is the picture we sent:
Photobucket

And NO, we don't love Connor more than Emily and Jared, it just so happened that as I was taking the picture, Connor got up out of the little rocking chair and was taking off, so the flash focused entirely on him and left the other two in the dark shadowy corners of the picture. But if you peer into the darkness you see they're smiling nicely, and so is Connor, and it's the ONLY picture where all three of them look happy.

I almost sent out this one:
Photobucket

But Jared's a little more "fake" in that one, and Connor is obviously less than pleased with my insistance he sit still for TWO SECONDS and let me take a picture, and Em's all scrunched down...

Or I could have sent this one:
Photobucket

But Emily looks a little drugged up, Jared's not even looking at all, and I kind of felt like sending out a picture of my baby standing up on a rocking chair (with my blessing at this point, because, gosh darnit, he's SMILING!) was only going to create conversations about my parenting abilities ("Oh my goodness! Look at this! She let her baby stand up on a ROCKING CHAIR!").

The other pictures were of Emily and Jared, smiling nicely, with Connor's blurry arm (as he completely just ran off), or of the back of Connor's head as he'd roll over and slide down out of the chair, or of Emily and Jared looking at Connor as he was crying and fighting against my left hand pressing his body into the chair...LOL, etc etc etc.

SO, you see, the intent was not to showcase Connor in the picture we sent out, we love all three children equally, but it was the only picture that showed off their beautiful smiles within the same picture, so I ran with it (straight to the post office!)

Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I GOT MINE!!! It is now displayed proudly on my refridgerator!! THANK YOU!!! And I like it, it looks cool!

Anonymous said...

I really like it too. And see, the lights didn't mess up the picture at all. I didn't get one
:( Did you get mine?

Kaci said...

SO CUTE!! =)

Valarie said...

Ha! That sounds about what it was like trying to get my four to all sit still and smile nicely. Who came up with the idea that people needed to be looking at the camera and smiling in pictures?!?! Isn't it enough to just get all of them IN the picture? OR at least part of each of them in the picture? Anyways, I like all of them. I think the one you sent out just makes Connor look like a ham. I love Christmas, but I am glad it's behind us now!!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! LOL You saw mine!