Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm very spoiled this month!

Another package arrived in the mail yesterday!!! I was expecting it to be the items I'd ordered from The Children's Place (at ridiculously low prices and shipping), but it wasn't. It was from my friend Carole's brother, Leonard, who is doing photography on the side (he's done some weddings, etc). Back in June, he flew up from California to be here for Rachel's and Emily's ballet recital, and he was so kind as to donate several hours one afternoon at my house, photographing my children. Some of the pictures turned out great, some of them were less than ideal (due to the lack of cooperation of a certain set of little boys), but it was a wonderful experience, and I hope for the chance to do it again someday! The pics were all shot in RAW format (don't ask, because I don't fully know, but I DO know it involves a lot of editing before the pics can be printed) and he took over 100 pictures, which means it's taken awhile to go through them all. I was expecting a disk with pictures on it to arrive in the mail at some point. I WAS NOT, however, expecting a beautiful photo book FULL of many of the pictures he took. I took one look at it in the box and my eyes filled up with tears (purely happy tears!). My friend Beth was here while I was opened it, and she'll attest to that fact!

I can't begin to explain to you how pretty this book is, and even the goofier pics I wouldn't have bothered printing look FABULOUS when they're all bound together in a series of pics, and REALLY capture the personalities of the kids. This was just such a thoughtful and generous gift and I'm truly grateful and thankful for his time, creativity, and thoughtfulness (etc!).

I'm posting pics (below), but please ignore the bad quality. I didn't have time to scan the parts I wanted to share for better viewing on your part, so some of the pics look blurry or glared, but they're great in real life.

Here is the front cover: ignore the double chins... LOL (I cropped out our last name for privacy reasons, but left his as he doesn't live in my area, and would probably like the "shout out" his way)
Photobucket

The front flap:
Photobucket

A little paragraph he wrote on the inside for us
Photobucket

Photobucket

These are just my favorites; there are tons and tons more within the book.

Jared, the goof!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Emily
Photobucket

I love how this one shows her long hair
Photobucket

Connor
Photobucket

Photobucket

Mr. Pouty
Photobucket

back flap
Photobucket

Photobucket

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!

13 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

I LOVE what I have seen here. You are totally right about the personalities. And I love the one with you and all the kids, its so adorable!!

Kaci said...

That is just soooooooo awesome!! I want one done now! :) Road trip to Leah's!!

Cattigan said...

That is a great book! I am sooooo jealous! My brother's wedding photographer did the same thing for them- I want to get remarried just for the book!

Unknown said...

I love it! Especially the one of Connor picking his toes.

I'm working on my freebie book from Inkubook this weekend, I hope it turns out 1/2 as well.

Cindy Lou Who said...

I love, Love, Love this book!!! I want one! You gotta send his info out, so we can contact him. Where in the world do you even have one of those books made? Holy Cow, Great job!

bv said...

What beautiful pictures! I love that this was an unexpected gift!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool!!!! I like Connor looking at his toe :)

ClancyPants said...

Can you say jealous!?? I want one too! What a cool friend you have, and how about getting two unexpected packages in a month!? Luckeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I love the way that he put it together for you. Gorgeous pictures. He's got a lot of talent. And he had adorable subjects to work with. :)

Erika said...

Those are so beautiful. That was so nice for him to do that. I want one!

Mom said...

Oh what a cool cool book!!! I want one!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures! The kids sure are growing!! and beautiful they are too...

Shan said...

What an amazing gift! I love it! Truly beautiful.