Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This is a lion...

Photobucket

This is a lion who took a nap on a stove burner that hadn't been cooled off quite long enough (curtesy of Connor, less than TWO HOURS after receiving this previously undamaged toy)
Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm just thankful that the burner HAD been off for quite some time. Can you image?? Yikes! It'd been off for long enough that I felt safe to walk out of the kitchen and not worry about it. Now I've really been enforcing that we stay away from the stove NO MATTER WHAT, and that we NEVER set things down on it...

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Man! I'm glad you caught it, too! There was a house just up the road a few miles from me that burned to the ground yesterday...total loss. Wanna know how? The dad was cooking, and walked the grease out into the garage to pour it into a container. I'm still not sure how that resulted in a house fire, but it did. Because of the crazy wind we had, the firemen were more interested in concentrating on making sure the fire didn't spread than they were on putting that fire out...

Kaci said...

Oh no poor Lion!!! :(

Betsy Hart said...

Talk about a bad hair day! And I am glad it didn't get to napping sooner. :)

Kellan said...

Poor lion, but lucky it wasn't worse.

Have a good evening - Kellan

Jodi said...

Love the hairdo! Wow!

Anonymous said...

good thing it wasn't someone's hand!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Well at least it had been long enough. But poor Mr. Lion.

There's an award waiting for you over at my place. :)