Friday, October 10, 2008

Pure Awesomeness

My Freshman year in High School, I was introduced to a girl named Kristina, and as it turned out, we ended up in the same Freshman English class. We hit it off FABULOUSLY and have been friends ever since. We have a lot in common, and we have a lot NOT in common, but we've got some great stories in our past, and I hope a lot of great stories in our future. I don't get to see her very often because she lives a good five hours away, but when we do get together, it's like we were never apart. We pick up right where we left off. Kristina was, and IS, a very thoughtful, funny, caring, loyal friend. And I should add GENEROUS!

A package arrived on our doorstep yesterday. We never get packages... It was very exciting! (care to guess who it was from?)

The package came with some rules; the main two being that either Dan or I must be involved, and that there must be lots of pictures taken (And the picture rule was listed more than once! ha!)

So here I am, involved in the excitement of getting a package!
Photobucket

And Jared:
Photobucket

And Emily:
Photobucket

Connor wasn't interested in a picture, and tried to throw the box, and since there was a big orange "fragile, handle with care" sticker on it, I didn't force the issue.

We opened the box, and found something that thrilled the kids to no end. COOKIES! And to add to the thrill of COOKIES, they were frosted and printed with images like a coloring book page, and came with markers that had edible ink. What sort of genious is that???

Photobucket

Photobucket

Connor wouldn't take his eyes off his for a good minute. All I heard was, "LOOKIT Mama! LOOKIT!"
Photobucket

(finally!)
Photobucket

Then we got to work creating our masterpieces
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

K sent two for Connor because she wasn't sure which one he'd have the easiest time with. Connor doesn't care about lines or color choices, so I handed him the image I knew would thrill him of the two, and I did the remaining one myself
Photobucket

I should also mention that there was also an entire tub of Halloween themed cookies with an asortment of markers in the box as well, we just haven't gotten to those ones yet (thought it would be a fun project as part of Family Fun Night tonight!)

THEN, despite the fact that dinner was in about an hour, WE ATE THE COOKIES. How can you NOT eat an artfully decorated COOKIE??
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I did get Connor on video saying "cool package" and "thank you Kristina" (in Connor language, that is), which my very biased self thinks is entirely adorable


PS Emily's reaction to see the stuff in the box was, "THANK YOU AUNTIE KRISTINA!!!" (which I didn't get on video because I was busy snapping still pictures), which prompted Connor to wander around for the next 15 minutes saying "tee-q, Unco Ta-Tina" (I guess Aunt and Uncle are a bit interchangeable when you're only two years old).

K, you're AWESOME, and your very generous and thoughtful gift was a HUGE hit with my children.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

DON'T YOU LOVE "HAPPY MAIL" LIKE THAT!?

THAT IS SO SWEET OF HER TO SEND YOU ALL THOSE GOODIES! ♥

AND YOUR KIDS ARE SO ADORABLE--JUST LIKE THIER MOMMA!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun. I love to get anything in the mail that isn't a bill!

Kristina said...

I am THRILLED that the kids had so much fun! Thanks for sharing the pics! And the video of Connor is too cute! My only regret was that I wasn't there to see it in person! Love you guys!

Valarie said...

How awesome!!! I Love getting naything in the mail that isn't a bill! Cookies would be awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! And Connor IS adorable!

ClancyPants said...

What a fun idea! I LOVE packages in the mail! Never get them either. :(

Betsy Hart said...

I want cookies in the mail! And even better cookies you can draw on! The kids did a good job on em. :)

ClancyPants said...

Hey! Just thought I'd let you know that I added back in the part of your question where you mentioned your questions were from a game! I didn't even think about the fact that I deleted them. People definitely didn't think you were a dork... they probably wished they thought of such fun and challenging questions! ;)

Kellan said...

What a nice gift and how fun! You took some great pictures. You and your kids are so cute!!

Have a great weekend - Kellan

Erika said...

What a fun gift! Where did she find those cookies? Those are fantastic.

bv said...

What a great friend and what a fun gift! I love all of the pics and am so glad you could all have so much fun together!

Enjo your weekend!

Kaci said...

Awwhh Kristina is too sweet! XOXO

Cheryl said...

That is SOOO cool! I wonder where she found cookies like that. Yep, the only packages I ever get are ones tht come AFTER I pay for them. That's not the same.

Jodi said...

How fun! I gotta find some of those things. :0)

Jen said...

OMG those are awesome!