Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cheer Captain for a day

Emily was chosen to be cheer captain for her squad for last Saturday's event. It was the first time one of the girls on the squad was in charge of leading the cheers during time-outs and half-time (usually the coach names the cheers and starts them). I was VERY proud of how she remembered to use her big voice and stood in front of an entire gym full of people and led the cheers. She did freeze a few times and momentarily forget how a certain cheer would start, but I think for being only 6.5 years old and it being her first time leading the squad, she did EXCELLENT. Plus, these little girls are just ADORABLE!!



7 comments:

Kaci said...

WAY TO GO EM!!! You did a great job!

Shauna said...

Thanks for sharing how CUTE!

Betsy Hart said...

OMG that is so stinking cute!! I have tears welling I am so proud of her!! Tell her what an awesome job I thought she did!!

Kellan said...

They are simply adorable and she did a fantastic job - WOO HOO!!

Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

What a good job! I was hanging on Mother's skirt at that age, hiding. I am so glad she has the out going gene! Love it!

Cindy Lou Who said...

HOW AWESOME! I AM SO EXCITED FOR HER! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Anonymous said...

Aawww she's so important!