Friday, February 20, 2009

If only I'd known...

If only I'd known how to knit when Emily was a baby! She'd have been outfitted in things like this all the dang time!!!

knitting

knitting

knitting

knitting

(trying to show the clear flower-shaped buttons I used)
knitting

Dan says the "fluffy crap" is too much on a baby sweater, but it's gotten nothing but rave reviews from the people I've shown it to thus far (unless they're all just too nice to be honest with me??). Anyway, I hope it's not too much for a baby sweater, because it's SOON to be gifted to one of Dan's co-workers and his pregnant wife for their daughter-to-be!

I had a hard time judging what size to make the hat. The sweater is supposed to be 0-6 month (smallest size pattern I could find in a style I had the supplies for and the know-how to attempt), but it seems pretty huge (if it doesn't fit in this chillier spring weather, maybe it'll fit in the fall??). I made a larger size hat than I would normally make a newborn, so HOPEFULLY it will all fit at the same time. LOL I plan to make a flowerless hat in the same yarn in a much smaller size so they can at least use that right away for the baby. I guess we'll see how it all works out!

(PS Even if you think the fluff is too much, lie and tell me you love it, because I think this little set is about the cutest darn thing on the planet and I'm so pleased with how it all turned out!! LOL The pictures hardly do it justice either.)

8 comments:

Jen said...

I think it's adorable!! It only has a little bit of fluff so it's not a big deal!

Anonymous said...

I think it's gorgeous and fun and I want one!

Cindy Lou Who said...

I love it! No Lie! My Fav is the hat...but the sweater is way cute...you should sell these. I want one of those for Emily....

Anonymous said...

way,way,way,CUTE.....Absolutely adorable. It doesn't get any cuter. I love the hat and sweater.

Kaci said...

Ya right Cindy she already said no way Jose to me. LOL! :)

I think your fluffy crap is adorable and I would go ga ga over it!

Betsy Hart said...

That is just the cutest outfit ever!! LOVE IT!

Kristina said...

Cute!

Shan said...

So stinkin' cute!!