Monday, April 27, 2009

Another completed knitting project

I knit this sweater and hat for my friend Jami's nephew-to-be. I don't know the parents of the baby-to-be all that well, but Jami babysits his sister three days a week, so I spend a lot of time around her! And, I loved the excuse to do another sweater and hat set. *grin*

knitting

closer up so you can see the details near the ribbing of the sweater and hat better
knitting

It's made out of a very thin yarn, so it's a nice light-weight sweater as we get into spring and summer (here in WA, you can still have some pretty chilly days, especially in the evenings!). I got a very nice email from Jami saying that the parents loved the set and can't wait to put him in it. He was due Saturday and it's looking like it could be any time. Stuff is starting to happen! The mama has an appt later today and will be setting up an induction date if he isn't already on his way by that point. Hopefully I'll have pics of baby IN the sweater set, along with permission to post...

***edited to add: Just got a phone call from Jami and it looks like the mama is officially in labor!!***

4 comments:

Kristina said...

You're a knitting machine! Looks cute in a picture, but I bet it's even cuter on!

Betsy Hart said...

THat is too cute!! I can't wait to see. I know that Alivia looks adorable in hers!!

Kaci said...

Awhhhh how adorable!

Unknown said...

Another amazing creation! Would you consider making one for the new grand...if we ever find out what it's going to be? Seriously, email me.