Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Who, me?

Connor has taken up the unfortunate practice of nose picking, and when we catch him at it, he immediately throws his hand(s) over his face, as if that suddenly erases the fact that the moment ever occured
connor,jared

He has also been known to sneak out of his bedroom after we've put him to bed. This is something he's been doing since we moved him out of the crib and no amount of threats or consequences have curbed the behavior (annoying!). Lately, he's taken to sneaking out of his bed, with his "soffy bwanket" (soft blanket) in hand, and as soon as we spot him, he throws the blanket over his head, wrongly assuming that we can't see him under there. **sorry, I don't have pictures to share of this one, because I'm pretty positive a photo session will give him the incorrect idea that it's okay to be up and out of bed!**

Connor has also gotten the idea that he can do as he pleases, as long as I'm not looking directly at him. For example, I recently heard him getting into the art cupboard (thanks to an older sibling who neglected to shut it all the way so that the baby lock would clip in to KEEP CONNOR OUT). I rushed into the kitchen, and he gave me that "deer in the headlights" look, then pointed behind me and demanded, "Mama, you go look that way." I cooperated, purely out of curiosity as to what would happen. I looked right back again at Connor, much to HIS dismay, and caught him in the act of hurriedly trying to gather up some markers, while he immediately demanded that I look behind me again. When I didn't follow through with his demands a second time, and he realized he wasn't getting into that art cupboard, it was quite a moment of tears, screams and DRAMA (all him!).

Just when did he learn to be sneaky??? However, I have to appreciate the thought process involved in this behavior... LOL! And the "who, me?" look on his face when he gets caught is PRICELESS!

2 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

Just think - someday he'll be as old as my "non-believer" and you'll wish he was back doing this stuff...sigh...it goes so fast.

Betsy Hart said...

That is so funny!! Neither of my girls do those ones...