Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jared tells a story!

My Auntie had a conversation with Jared yesterday at a birthday luncheon we attended (in honor of Emily, myself, and my cousin), and she emailed me last night, reporting the conversation and asking if it could be shared on the blog. OF COURSE!
-----------------------------------
Conversation I had with my great nephew Jared today at a birthday luncheon
our family had:
(age 4.5)

J: Auntie! A leprechaun cleaned my room last night!

Auntie: Really? What did he look like?

J: He had a green top hat on with a buckle.

Auntie: What color were his pants?

J: Brown, the color they usually wear.

(I personally would have suspected green
but what does this old auntie know???)

younger cousin that is listening now asks, "Are you joking or is this for real?"

J: It's for real.

Auntie: Did you have to use a flash light to see him?

J: No, my blinds were open and it was a full moon out.

Auntie: Did he slide in on a rainbow?

J: No.

Connor: Auntie, I see a Lep-er-kon too. He cwean my woom.

Auntie: Okay then, I am going back to the adult table now.

Jared: Auntie, ask me some more questions.

Auntie: No, I need to report all I just heard to the adult table : )
----------------------------------------
Jared is always sharing very elaborate stories with us, and has an answer for every question thrown his way without a moment's thought. I'm constantly amazed at how quick on his feet he is... Maybe someday he'll write a children's book about the leprechaun that cleaned his room that will become a classic! Then he'll go on to write many more stories, while being a lawyer and a comedian in his spare time...

I wonder if the leprechaun will come clean MY room tonight???

3 comments:

Kristina said...

If he does make it to clean your room, can you send him my way?? J and I got all the clean clothes out of baskets and put away, but it still needs a good vacuumn and dusting!

Betsy Hart said...

LOL!!! That is too much. And I agree, send the housecleaning leprechaun my way!! He never fails to make me smile. :) I don't know how you aren't laughing all the time!

Kaci said...

LOL! HOW CUTE!