Thursday, April 23, 2009

Quote of the Week

Two of the first grade classes from Emily's school made plans to see Earth yesterday at 5pm. I made arrangements with our friends/neighbors that I would take their daughter, Katie (same grade as Emily, but whose classroom was not planning to attend the movie) if they kept Connor. I knew there was no way in the world Connor would sit nicely for that movie and didn't want to ruin it for everyone else. When it came time to drop off Connor and pick up Katie, Jared announced that he was staying with Connor and Emily (Katie's younger sister is also named Emily). I informed him that would mean missing the movie and not seeing the polar bears (in case you didn't know or didn't remember, his favorite stuffed animal happens to be a polar bear). He said:

"Emily is my best friend, and if she's not going, I'm not going."

It was the sweetest darn thing on the planet, and since I didn't want Jared to miss the movie, we invited Emily to join us as well! I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me in the first place to include her... I was extremely impressed that Jared was willing to give up a movie in order to spend time with his friend!!

FYI: really awesome footage and narration, funny moments, interesting facts... A little slow for kids. Jared, Katie, and my Emily did great, but Emily B wasn't interested AT ALL. Several littler kids (2-3 years old) were fussy and loud by the end. The older crowd stayed pretty tuned in. You could hear the room starting to get a little resless at times, but then something funny or faster paced would happen and it would suck them all back in again. If you've got younger kids, I'd suggest renting it. If you've got older kids (Emily and Katie are both almost 7 and said they really liked it), it could be worth seeing in the theater for the BIGNESS of the picture that helps make the movie seem that much more powerful. There were two or three parts that very sensitive people might call graphic, but there was no blood shown at any point and the four kids I had with me weren't bothered.

3 comments:

Kaci said...

How sweet is he?!!? I love him!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Cool - WE love nature movies like that. I'll have to check it out. Isn't it made by Disney too? Cool Beans!

Betsy Hart said...

he is such a sweet boy. :) LOVE IT!