Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Kaben"

Emily wrote in her journal at school Monday about how we "went to a kaben. It was a long driv. I had fun." Our CABIN adventure really WAS note-worthy, so I thought I'd mention it as well! We were given the opportunity to spend a few days at a friend's cabin about two hours from our house during spring break and the kids had a BLAST! We were just a few minutes walking distance from the lake, and just a short drive away from a neat playground area within the neighborhood the cabin is located. We had a beautiful view from the wall of windows in the cabin. It was such a nice get-away, and I look forward to hopefully having the opportunity to go back again soon!

I took this picture while standing on a dock near the play area, looking out across the lake to some snow-tipped mountains: (I loved the mix of beach and snowy mountains!)
fun events

The kids had a ton of fun climbing all over this old tree stump:
kids

There was a TON of driftwood scattered all over the place, and the boys had the BEST time gathering up pieces to throw in the water and haul around:
Jared

I think Connor would have happily thrown rocks in the water ALL DAY LONG:
Connor

There aren't many pictures of me with the kids, and I thought the pretty sparkling water in the background while on vacation would be a nice opportunity to pose with them!
kids,Leah

I LOVE this picture. I know it's completely goofy, but it shows their personalities perfectly (Emily sweetly cooperating, Jared showing off, and Connor totally clueless and carefree, eating...LOL), and captures forever a wonderful afternoon spent as a family:
kids

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to be first, I get to change that field so it doesn't read O people love me, that's so sad. Anyway, thanks for sharing the pictures, the kids look so happy climbing and exploring. Glad you had a great time!

Happy Tuesday!

p.s. The sweater for Alivia is beautiful.

Auntie said...

What great pictures and memories!
That mountain one is gorgeous.
It would be nice to go there this summer and be able to put your feet in.

Cindy Lou Who said...

That place looks so beautiful! I'm so happy for you that you got away for a few days!

Kaci said...

Cute pics Leah I love the one with you in it!! :)

Kristina said...

I'm glad to see pictures! The beach with the snowy mountain is funny. Only in Washington do you go to the beach in April and have to bundle up. Gotta love it!

Ashley said...

That looks gorgeous, it's awesome that you got to spend time there! I love that she called it a "Kaben." Too cute!

Shan said...

Those are great pictures. Glad you had such a great time!!

Betsy Hart said...

Those are wonderful pictures. :)