Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"business name here" (TBD)

I've posted some of my crafts on here in the past, but I'm at the point in time where I need to figure out ways to bring in some extra cash flow, and my fabulous friend/neighbor suggested I work at selling my crafts. To date, I have filled an order for 25 "thank you" cards for a woman who has an organizing business and wants to send thank you cards to clients, and I have filled an order for an infant sweater and hat set for a grandma who was welcoming grandson #2 into the family.

That said, I plan to sell home-made cards for $2.50 each (prices subject to change if you are requesting something more elaborate), or in packs of 10 for $20. The packs can be all of the same style, or varying styles; it will be your choice.

Here are a few examples of past work:
card making

card making

card making

card making

card making

I decorate gift bags, which I will sell for $3.50-$5 each (depending on how elaborate); or $5-$6.50 if you purchase a coordinating card and gift bag set.
crafts

crafts

I also knit infant hat and sweater sets (0-6 months), which I will sell for $35. (These will have a 3-5 week turn-around period as they take awhile to do!)
knitting

newborn hat and mittie (thumbless) sets will sell for $12.
knitting

I can also create one-of-a-kind photo cards (birth announcements, holiday cards, etc), and/or custom photo borders and embellishments for around $10, based on how detailed you want the final result to be. I can also create collages in a large range of sizes and styles. For any photo-themed project, you would email me your photo(s) and your preferences, and I would email you a full-size, high resolution final project for YOU to have printed at the place of your choosing.

Some examples:
photoshop stuff

Photobucket

photoshop stuff

Those of you not in my local area for hand-delivery will have the added expense of shipping costs, but I will shamelessly remind you that you will be getting a hand-made item at a cost GENERALLY much cheaper (even after shipping costs if you're buying in bulk--and the more you buy in the same order, the better the deal because of the flat-rate shipping boxes) than a "cookie cutter" store-bought card or gift bag that hundreds of people will buy. At the very least, it's the bonus of giving something that no one else will be giving... *grin*

In need of some gift ideas? Packs of cards would make great stocking stuffers! Or think about having and/or giving a collage of a family vacation, or of baby's first year, or of an outing with Grandma (ETC ETC ETC!)...

I am working with my neighbor to create an actual business name, and may potentially start a website, and hopefully an etsy.com shop further down the road once I get a little more established.

For now, please plan to contact me by commenting on this post. If I get a lot of interest, I will create a special email address specifically for business purposes, but I'm not that organized just yet. I may have some price changes if I find the current ones are not covering my supply costs as well as I'm hoping, and I'm hoping to be able to add a few more items down the road as well, so check back! PLEASE feel free to share this post with friends and family.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Leah, this is awesome. I need to take some pics of Jacob in his sweater set and plug your venture on my blog. Best of luck to you!

Cindy Lou Who said...

I am super duper happy you are doing this! I told you...you are so good at this stuff! I already emailed you my order...LOL

Kaci said...

LL Designs...DUH! :) Does this mean I don't get my best friend discount anymore? LOL! kidding! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I want to order a sweater/hat set for Heidi! I was thinking either red since we don't know if it is a boy or girl and I think red works for both, any ideas???? - Heather

Shan said...

They are beautiful! Good luck with it.

Betsy Hart said...

I totally am getting you to make something up for Alivia's birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I hope it works, since I tried the same thing with my cards: http://greetingcardswithstyle.blogspot.com/2009/08/up-coming-grand-opening.html#comments

So far, zip. And I just figured I'd enjoy making them and giving them to friends.

It's so hard to earn back what you put IN. lol

Wendy F. said...

Can you teach a knitting class? I would totally sign up for it. I know how to knit, but would like to learn to make new things.