Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mummy food

I wish I could properly give credit where credit is due, but I'm lacking the proper information! The kids and I were at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and Emily pointed to a cover of a magazine at the register that depicted hotdogs baked in bread dough to resemble mummies. They were adorable, the kids were fascinated, and I was in a huge hurry to finish unloading the cart onto the conveyer belt and hardly gave the magazine a second glance, or even a second though.

Until, that is, I found a thing of refridgerated pizza dough in my fridge that needed to be used, and came across a package of frozen hotdogs in the freezer, and the image came into my head.

And so, the kids had mummy hotdogs for lunch last Friday, and they LOVED THEM. Now instead of asking for octopus hotdogs (which Connor calls "opopussy" dogs, btw!!!), they're asking for mummy hotdogs. Prep time was a little tedious, but nothing major. The ones on the magazine cover were done up much nicer, but my kids didn't complain. (I can't help but envision newborn babies swaddled with little hats on their heads when I see these, though...LOL)
misc


It's amazing what a person can create with hotdogs...

5 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

those are way cute! Reminds me of when I would wrap the mini links in crossiant rolls - kids loved them

Betsy Hart said...

ROFL!! I love them!!

Kaci said...

Very cool!! Although I have had these before as a kid and didn't love them but they are soooo cute!

Kaci said...

Enter my giveaway or I will cry

Shan said...

My girls would love those!