Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My favorite set so far!

I got an order for a sweater/hat set for a baby girl, and was pretty much given free reign as to how I wanted it to look. This is what I came up with, and I have to say, it's my favorite set by far! I have to rush back to JoAnn Fabrics and see about picking up some more of the adorable little bow-shaped buttons. They totally MAKE the sweater!!!!
Photobucket

I was in a hurry to take the picture, so didn't take the time to lay the sweater out very nicely, which is why it looks a little lopsided. I promise, it was done up very nicely!

Here's a better picture of the little hat. I had a leftover button and couldn't resist prettying up the hat a bit!
knitting

I also have an order in for a red sweater/hat set, but they don't know boy or girl yet, so I don't know which side of the sweater to put the button-holes (whose brilliant idea was it that boy and girl clothes should button and zip on opposite sides???), so I have to wait a few more weeks before getting started. I'm kind of hoping GIRL because I found pretty pearl-looking buttons that would look so cute with the dark red yarn I found! I also have an order in for an all light blue set, which I will be starting next week!

Yay for projects to keep me busy in the evenings while I'm icing my back before bed!!!

Just a reminder, sweater/hat sets (0-6 month size, but remember, babies tend to outgrow clothes ahead of time, so the sets should really be purchased for a NEW baby to get the most use of them) are $35, and hat and mittie (thumbless mittens) sets are $12. Shipping is extra.

2 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

That is beautiful! :) How much for just hats?

Kaci said...

I wanna get pregnant right now, just for you to sew me up a sweater/hat/mitten set. :)