Saturday, February 23, 2008

And Where the Heck Were You?

Photobucket

I know that's what you're asking of me as you view the picture ABOVE. Well, I'll tell you. I was sweeping up the mess you see in the picture BELOW:
Photobucket

And where I was for that one, you ask? Helping Jared in the bathroom! I swear, I'm an attentive parent. The problem is that Connor is FAST. And SLY. And SMART. He knows the very second my attention is turned and then zips around the house at lightning speed creating pure chaos (and then some). I shouldn't even mention that I later found cat food all over in the laundry room (where we keep the bin of cat food), meaning at some point, my attention must have been averted from him for two seconds and he used that time-frame to figure out how to open the bin and attempt to feed the cat. Bella kitty was probably very grateful.

I am starting to think Connor needs to wear a large bell around his neck so I can always hear where he's at. And I need some sort of home monitoring system that follows Connor around and I can have a visual of him as well. Short of strapping him to me the entire day, I suspect these aren't the last pics of this style you'll be seeing.

You should also know the little girl was LESS THAN PLEASED when I washed Connor's face less than a minute after taking the picture BECAUSE IT WAS HIS NAPTIME (and he's a boy, and he's only a baby, and about a million other reasons). She should have been a twin and then she'd have a live-in girl of the appropriate age (and sex) to be messing around with make-up. (Except I never would have survived the experience of NEEDY baby Emily as a twin).

PS That picture of Cheerios is only a small portion of the actual mess. The chip clip I was using to close the top of the bag broke, so I folded the top down several times tightly and tucked it under the bag in the drawer it was being kept in. When Connor opened the drawer and grabbed out the bag, he grabbed it by the bottom and walked off. Leaving a trail of Cheerios as the bag started unfolding and more and more could come out, until they all finally swooshed out onto the floor in the diningroom.

10 comments:

Kaci said...

Sooo cute!! Very good color choices Em!! And CJ be nice to Momma!

Kellan said...

How cute!! Yes they are - FAST AND SLY AND SMART AND MESSY!! Cute post - we all know you are an attentive and good mom! Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Leah Mae, you are the best mommy on the planet. Next time they are on my watch please remember if something goes a miss I am not responsible. Especially if the baby eats crayons again : )

Shan said...

I cannot count how many times I have encountered similar messes after turning my back for a mere moment.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the bell as well... good luck with that creative child!

Valarie said...

I have said many times I want to attach one of those remote locator thingies to my 5 year old so I could push a button and tell where he was at any given time. I think your daughter may have a future as a stylist. :) She did a great job!

Maria said...

It seems like most of the messes here happen when I'm blogging! Our cat food is always spilled too!

Jen said...

Again..LMAO! Please send me some "stay sane" vibes...I'm going to the grocery store with my motley crew...HELP

Chanin said...

I feel for you! My 2 year old little girl is fast and sly and is always making a huge mess! As a matter of fact, I just had to clean her drink up off the floor about 10 minutes ago! ugh!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!