Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Introducing Grace

We FINALLY kicked all our germs and got to meet my cousin Christopher's new daughter, Grace (who I made that pink/brown scrapbook for). Mommy Jessica brought her by for a visit and my children and I just ate her up! Isn't she adorable??? (She looks sooooooooo much like my cousin, by the way!!)

Photobucket

I got a SHORT turn holding her before Emily took over. She could barely take her eyes off Grace!
Photobucket

Grace woke up for the briefest bit, peeked at Emily, squawked a bit (mildly), drank a tish of a bottle and went back to sleep. LOL
Photobucket

FOREVER later, I finally got my hands on the little darling, only to be confronted by a rather perturbed Jared that he hadn't had HIS turn yet.
Photobucket

Em had to hover to make sure he was doing things JUST RIGHT
Photobucket

Connor was VERY interested in Grace, and pointed at her, touched her, kept taking me over to show her to me, etc, so I let him have a turn at holding her as well (odd picture angle and she's really still in my left arm as I hold her up close to Connor, but he actually had hit little arms wrapped up nice and tightly the best he could, it was sooooo sweet!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Connor starting making attempts at getting up, so I moved the baby back up against my own body and he got up on his feet and was acting very disturbed and upset and I wasn't sure what was wrong with him until he marched over, wrapped his little arms around Grace again and tried to take her back! Considering it's not very appropriate to let a 20 month old BABY (I can still call him that for another four months!) hold a three week old baby on his own WHILE STANDING UP, I kept a good hold of her, and Connor was MAD! He made a few attempts and then threw himself down on the ground and cried! He tried to give her a dolly bottle at one point, as well, but I was on top of him around her so he didn't get as far as he would have preferred.

We're so excited to welcome Grace into our family and Em's THRILLED there's another girl. On that side of the family, she's the only girl KID. So although there's almost a full six years age difference between Emily Grace and Grace (that's the other thing Em's THRILLED about!! notice the names???), I'm sure Em will be quite the doting 2nd cousin and they'll be fast friends in no time.

10 comments:

Kaci said...

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHH! XOXO!

Anonymous said...

too cute. Heck, I wouldn't let my 7 years old hold a baby WHILE STANDING UP. but hey, that's just me. hehe

Melissa said...

Aw! Baby love! She's beautiful! My SIL is scheduled for a c-section on March 3rd with a little girl. And I just can't wait to hold her!

Betsy Hart said...

She is absolutely adorable... and I love the pics of your kiddos holding her.... too sweet!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Beautiful pics - thanks so much for sharing! What gorgeous eyes she has!

Hallie

Kellan said...

Grace is simply beautiful and those were all adorable pictures. Welcome Grace - it looks like you have lots of people to love you - you are a lucky little girl. See you all soon. Kellan

MonkeyMama said...

What a cutie! And with all those kids adoring her, she's going to have lots and lots of fun!

Rennie

Valarie said...

Dang, babies sure are cute! No wonder I keep having more! :) She is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your Grace pictures with us. Our family sure makes beautiful babies...Starting with YOU. Love you. Auntie

Maria said...

OK, now I'm crying. I miss the baby stage! I'm so sad to never have that again! They're just so precious!