Saturday, February 2, 2008

Driving Miss Daisy

I drove Little Miss Daisy Girl Scout Emily to her Investiture Ceremony last night. The girls received their official Girl Scout pins and were welcomed in as official Daisy Girl Scouts.

They started by having each girl place one of the ten colored daisy petals up on the white board, while Miss Rebecca (one of our two leaders) talked about which part of the Girl Scout Law the petal represented. Emily put up the yellow petal, which stands for "Be friendly and helful", and the rose (pink) petal, which stands for "Make the world a better place." Here she is putting up the pink petal: (don't you just love the nicely spaced/arranged petals!! They did it perfectly during the practice LOL)
Photobucket

Then each girl received her official Girl Scout pin, and little bouquet of daisies and posed for a picture.
Photobucket

Mrs. Lily is on the left, Miss Rebecca is on the right
Photobucket

Afterwards, we had some refreshments and visited and then headed home. I told Emily to leave all her stuff on as we were arriving home so I could get a better picture of her, but when I went back to deal with Connor, she stripped herself down and THAT WAS THAT. Always nice to know people are listening to what I have to say... (Can anyone hear me???? LOL!)

Em's pretty excited about the whole thing and I think this should be a pretty fun experience for her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm impressed. Sounds like a great group. The uniforms are cute.

Anonymous said...

aww, she looks proud. I always think that's the best look one of kids can have on their face... proud of themselves.

Betsy Hart said...

what Leah?? Did you say something?? lol. Cute as always, and looks like fun!!

Kaci said...

I can hear you already stop shouting!! She's so cute!!! XOXO!!! Cutest little Daisy I ever did see!!

Anonymous said...

CUTE! It's nice the group is so large and there are two leaders. When do the cookie sales start? I want the caramel and chocolate ones!

Kristina said...

I'm glad to see Em's feeling better...are you? I was a CampFire girl myself, and had a blast. I bet Emily's going to love the Girl Scouts!

Melissa said...

Love her little smock and hat! So cute! She looks very proud of herself! I though the young girl scout group used to be called Brownies? Has that changed or am I thinking of something else?