Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jared's Big Accomplishment

Mr. Jared has been working really hard the last few weeks practicing writing his name, in order to be able to sign the valentine's to his friends all by himself. The child barely draws beyond scribbles, so I have to say I'm SUPER impressed and proud of his attempts thus far:

Photobucket

Of course the one he did the very best on is the one he wrote it on the "to" side instead of the "from" side. LOL

Today, I'll be baking cookies and decorating them, to be able to include one cookie per goody bag for each kid in his class AND Em's class, along with a pencil and little notebook and tiny box of nerds (and the valentine card).

5 comments:

Betsy Hart said...

How sweet! And I want to come to your house for valentines, I loved getting treats with them!!

kimmy said...

How old is Jared again? He did a really nice job writing his name! Keep up the good work!

Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Good job great nephew!
Hopefully he won't write it everywhere like Dixie ; )
Smile.

Valentines are so much fun. I miss my kids being little and going through their Valentine's
and seeing the paper mailboxes
they created for their desks at school. Do elementary kids still
do that? For all I know it's not allowed. You know...Christmas break is now Winter break.
Your blog won't let me sign in as Auntie! What is going on here?
Love you. Auntie
Anonymous Auntie : (

Melissa said...

Way to go Jared!

Sounds like you've planned some pretty sweet little goody bags for the kids in his class!

I just attached a fruit roll up to each of Megan's Valentine's. . .

Anonymous said...

he should be proud of himself. I too, have a Jared, hubby calls him Jams... those Jareds... their just something to be proud of.