Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oregon Trail

I remember when I was in 6th grade and had to take a computer class, there were certain time-frames we were allowed to play Oregon Trail. Back then, it was on the Apple computers, the screen was black and the graphics were green and very very basic. You got to choose what time of year to leave, and how much food to eat each day (I think?), and you had zero control over treating sick wagon members. You also had to just buy as much food as possible at the beginning because it was nearly impossible to hunt.

NOW, however, Oregon Trail has come a long way! In the facebook version, if you have enough money, you can buy lots of medicine to dose up sick wagon members and keep everyone happy and healthy. But if you don't have enough money to purhcase the meds you're trying to buy, you get this message:
Photobucket

Notice that the button that SHOULD say "okay" says something entirely different (cracked me up!):
Photobucket

And in this version, it's very very very easy to hunt, so you don't need to waste money BUYING food. But if, for some reason, you run out of food and have no ammo to hunt, you can always eat a wagon member (no joke):
Photobucket

NO, I did not decide to eat Kaci. LOL!!

You can also steal from other wagons you're a member of to try and get money and medicine and bullets, or food. It's no Nintendo Wii (like I'd know, having never played one, but they seem to be all the rage right now!), but Oregon Trail's been keeping a group of us busy the last couple of weeks!!

6 comments:

Kaci said...

Thanks for not eating me

Betsy Hart said...

ROFL Kaci!! Anyway, Leah you totally had me thinking there was an oregon trail game for the wii. I even looked it up to be sure, there isn't! But HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!? Anyway. Another great game, not on facebook sorry, but on MSN games, called Cake Mania. FUN! I even borrowed the game for the ds lite from my friend.

Kellan said...

That is cool - I've never heard of it. I like the "Damn" button - that is funny! Have fun playin' - see ya Leah - Kellan

Shan said...

Oh that sounds like fun. I'll have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

how funny... I love the damn button - priceless.

Jen said...

LMAO OMG You should've eaten Kaci...that would've been funny! Ok I'm off to play