Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pictures of the new sliding glass door.

Can I just start by saying how much I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my new sliding glass door? Big giant puffy heart LOVE LOVE LOVE my new sliding glass door.

With that out of the way, here are some "before" pictures. I wish I'd thought to take some video of how LOUD this door was.
misc

Here begins the process of removing the old door
misc

misc

Connor was REALLY interested in the portion of the job where my WONDERFUL Uncle Jeff (who did the labor for us) used the circular saw to cut around the door so the old one would come out. I thought it was really cute how Connor was standing there with his ears plugged because of the noise (I wasn't fast enough taking his picture...). But I didn't think about how my uncle happened to be cutting near some electrical wires at that very moment, and the flash from the camera startled him. OOPS!
misc,Connor

Here is the old door going...
misc

going...gone!
misc

Out with the old, in with the new:
misc

All trimmed in and everything (the trim just needs a paint job)
misc

misc

I'm AMAZED at how much brighter the room feels without the dark aluminum catching your eye. Several times I've walked into the room and had to do a double-take. LOVE IT!

Can't wait to get all the windows done now, too. I've had a taste of wonderfulness and I'm craving more... *grin*

And you guys want to know what made the day even better???? My Auntie tagged along and did some weeding for me!!!!!
misc

Uncle Jeff...Auntie... YOU ROCK, and we appreciate all your hard work VERY VERY much.

Look at the difference! (too bad I didn't take the comparison pictures at similar times of day!)
misc

10 comments:

Kristina said...

Awesome!!! That door looks amazing. Be honest...how many times have you opened and closed it just because you wanted to?

Cindy Lou Who said...

That looks awesome!!! Congrats on the new door! How lucky to have family close by and willing to help! Where's pics of Dan working on it? LOL

Kaci said...

Totally amazing glass door!! And send Aunty my way...I need some weeding done. :)

Betsy Hart said...

That is an amazing transformation!!!

Auntie said...

I got Uncle Jeff to laugh when we looked at the last picture and you said you wished you taken the comparison at the same time of day.
I said, "I wish she did too, then everyone could see my nicely trimmed bush!"
We are glad you are happy and we
are on board for the windows.
Love you.

Pat said...

door looks nice!!! We had french doors put in a couple of years ago but unfortunately your Uncle Jeff wasn't here to assist!! hahahaha I do love them too! Good to see your Auntie too!

Shan said...

What a very nice door. It looks great!

Unknown said...

LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Auntie about the bush!

If all you had was a bucket of weeds...then you are doing great. I have to go tackle my weed garden again...that stuff just grows in so fast! UGH....

Danielle Bailey said...

Well done on the glass door installation! Now I understand why you love this door so much. It looks a lot better than the old one. Is it still the same door that you have in your home until now? +Danielle Bailey

Unknown said...

That door really can make anyone happy; it's so big and pleasing to the eye. I just hope that your kids would keep this door intact. My kids are so fond of our door, they keep on opening and closing it since it has been installed.
#Willene Fagen @ RoofingandMoreINC.com