Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What's a Twinkie?

The kids and I were at the grocery store Sunday, and I noticed a little display of boxes of Twinkies near-ish the check-out line we were in. I didn't give them much thought beyond seeing them, until Emily asked, "What's a Twinkie?" I was a little bit (okay, fine, A LOT) stunned, that somehow my child had made it to nearly 9 years old without ever having tasted a Twinkie, and had no idea what one even was!!

I'm not sure if it's a sign of good parenting or bad parenting that my kids didn't know what a Twinkie was, but I bought a box (darn those "impulse buy" displays!) and documented my children eating a one for the first time.
Jared,Emily,Connor,kids

They liked them, btw!

3 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

LOL - My kids probably don't know what it is either. :o)

Kaci said...

Mmmmm good!

Betsy Hart said...

BLEK! I can't stand the texture of those. =) Too funny that your kids didn't know what they were.