Friday, March 14, 2008

I Come From Good Stock

Several years ago, my grandpa submitted an old photo from my grandma's family (I believe) to the "Looking Back" section of the local newspaper. My Uncle Greg was telling Dan and I some stories of the two boys in the picture and they're about the most ridiculously hilarious things you've ever heard. You'll have to excuse me if I can't remember the exact relationship to myself of the people pictured; I was told several years ago and saved the newspaper photo and only just came across it the other day and HAD to share.
Photobucket


The boys are Oscar and Ernest (who apparently went by Ockie and Ernie, and I BELIEVE would eventually be my grandma's uncles, but again, excuse me if I'm not positive!). Here's where it gets good. According to my Uncle Greg (who says he heard it from my grandpa), one of the boys went blind from drinking bad moonshine, and the other is missing a finger because he bet another brother (not the blind one...LOL!) that he could move his finger off the chopping block before the axe came down and COULDN'T. I told you; I come from good stock! LOL!!!!!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

Oh wow...never knew you could go blind from drinking...I should be illegally blind. LOL!

Jen said...

OMG LMAO! that's so awesome!

Betsy Hart said...

That is FANTASTIC! lol. I am sure I have just as interesting stories in my bloodline, maybe not so far back?? lol.

Kellan said...

What a wonderful old picture and story of Ockie and Ernie (sound like Seasame Street characters).

Thanks for your continued prayers for our sweet baby - have a great weekend - Kellan