Sunday, March 16, 2008

Quote of the Week

(QUOTES of the week, today)

QUOTE #1
Jared: "Mom, you really should sweep this floor."

me: "Yes, I know Jared, but I have to finish cleaning Connor up first."

Jared: "Yeah, well, you'd better hurry because I'm tired of getting all this crap on my feet."
*disclaimer: we truly DO watch our language around the kids...*

QUOTE #2
me: "Jared do you want oatmeal, cereal, or jelly toast for breakfast today?"

Jared: "I don't want ANY of those things! I just want an egg and cheese sandwich."

me: "We can't do that right now because it's getting late and we need to hurry."

Jared: "How about I just eat that last cupcake?"

me: "Sorry pal, you're not having a cupcake for breakfast."

Jared: "DAMMIT!" (said while stomping his foot and smacking his leg)

*Mommy and Daddy compose themselves briefly before mommy goes over to speak to Jared about his choice of language*

me: "Jared, dammit is NOT an okay word for little boys to use; even if you hear a grown-up use it, that doesn't mean YOU should use it."

Jared: "But guys are SUPPOSED to say "DAMMIT!" when their moms won't let them eat what they want for breakfast!"

*Mommy turns away briefly to compose herself again*

me: "Jared, guys who are only almost-four-years-old do NOT, EVER, say that word. Where did you hear that word anyway?" (out of curiosity's sake as I'm pretty darn sure it wasn't from ME, but you never know...)

Jared: (as sweetly and innocently as you please) "From Teacher Terrie."

*disclaimer: I'm 100% positive he did NOT learn that word from his preschool teacher!*

QUOTE #3

*Mommy unfortunately doesn't remember the exact circumstances behind this one, but it IS a direct quote*

Jared: "You hurt my reflexes!!"

QUOTE #4
*Daddy promised waffles for breakfast but is still sleeping at the moment*

Jared in full Batman mode: "Batmom, this is precisely why I need to wake up Batdad, because I'M HUNGRY!!"

9 comments:

Kristina said...

Jared is such a character! And too smart for his own good! He makes me laugh right out loud.g

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh so hard!

Maria said...

You never know...

Betsy Hart said...

WOW! I was laughing so hard I could barely read them out loud to Jimmy, he laughed too! lol. I am sure soon I am going to have some to share. You want me to share M's naughty word for the moment, dammit too. We were at target sadly waiting in line for the changing table, outside the bathroom since its so small, and M is trying to push the door open. Obviously not very successful as the stinking thing is HEAVY she loudly says "Damnit" Now, how do I not laugh and discipline my sweet little girl! I honestly couldn't do it, daddy had to! lol

Shan said...

Oh he is a character!

Damnit was a favourite of Abby's for a while as well.

Kaci said...

Oooo bad Teacher Terrie!! LOL!! Thanks for the morning chuckle!

kimmy said...

You must laugh all day with that little boy around!

Kimmy

TheOneTrueSue said...

Ha ha ha! What a cutie. You are in BIG TROUBLE, LOL - he is too smart for his own good, tee hee.

Anonymous said...

I needed a good Jared story!
I have been telling this dammit tale and getting the biggest laughs at work.
Thanks for the smile master Jared!
And remember, he IS your MIDDLE
child : )