Wednesday, September 5, 2007

As promised...

Here are the pictures of her getting off the bus and walking home... I'm SOOO bummed about the first one. I had horribly unfortunate timing in lining up the shot (the bus stopped 15 feet sooner than I expected it to, and I was FULLY expecting to get a nice, close-up, straight-on shot of her, but since it stopped short, I was scrambling to even have my camera ready in the first place and well, what do you know, I couldn't have taken it a split second sooner and gotten her through the glass of the door, or a split second later after she emerged from behind the door. NO, I had to manage to take the picture right where she's BLOCKED from view and then the punk was RUNNING and that was my only chance. sigh...)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's the happiest girl in town! She could hardly contain herself over how excited she was to have ridden the school bus. I kid you not when I tell you "bus" was one of her first few words. The child has been obsessed with school busses since she could talk, and she could spot them blocks away while driving around in the car with me. She couldn't even say "school bus" properly at first and it would always be "cool bus mama!" when she was just a bitty thing...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She asked me several times yesterday if she would get a balloon when she got off the bus. Who are we to disappoint, so Dan went out and bought her five, because she's five, but you'll notice there are only FOUR in the picture, and we have Jared to thank for that one... Dan walked in the door and in no less than ONE MINUTE upon his arrival home with the balloons, Jared's managed to bounce them up and down against the ceiling and one popped (wow, almost typed pooped instead of popped! now THAT would have made for an interesting blog entry, eh? LOL!). So, here's the girl with her FOUR balloons!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On our walk home from the bus stop, I was pushing the stroller with Connor in it, and Jared was riding next to me on his little bike, and I just thought it was the sweetest thing in the world watching Emily all but skipping along next to her dad in her enthusiasm to tell him about her day:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

MSuparat said...

Oh gosh, what a beautiful girl. I'm SO GLAD she was so excited about her first day! Great idea about the balloons.

Anonymous said...

Where did the past five years go?
How can Emily Grace be in kindergarten already! I am glad her day went so well and she wasn't afraid or anything. Granny said she cried when I went off to kindergarten. I did NOT cry when Mirinda went off to kindergarten.
I think I did a jig!

Anonymous said...

SOOOO CUTE! I say that too much but that is the cutest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

Not even my child and I got teary eyed reading about Emily's first day! What great parents.... I love the balloons and great picture of her and Dan!