Saturday, September 1, 2007

Life's Little Tidbits

When I have lots of random things to say, I've decided I'll label them "Life's Little Tidbits" and add them into one post... That phrase popped into my head as I was writing my Why I've decided to blog post, and I liked it so much, I've been hoping for the chance to use it again, and here it is!

THE INJUSTICE

I'm now rather well-acquainted with the inside of our HUGE recycle bin out in the garage. Dan was a sweetheart and decided to surprise me while I was gone by going through and cleaning up some of my paper clutter (I ADMIT IT, I'M THE PAPER CLUTTER QUEEN!!). However, he recycled plenty of things that were being saved for a reason. For one, the scrap of paper containing the coding my dear friend Martha gave me, despite dealing with community sewer water rushing through her backyard, a water leak, AND celebrating two birthdays that day... In my hunt through the recycle bin for THAT piece of paper, I came across a picture Emily drew for the neighbor girl for the rings she gave Emily and Jared "just because" the other day (it had SOMETHING dribbled on it from the bin, so we'll be drawing another one now...); I came across some stickers from the doctor's office, some instruction manuals for toys and gadgets around the house (maybe I'm weird, but I like to keep those things on hand!), etc. And after finding all THAT stuff, I still hadn't found the paper with the code on it, so I headed back inside and low and behold, he's stuffed it onto a pile of stuff on my craft desk, which is a disaster because I had pulled it all out to make a card for a wedding Dan went to tonight, and to work on some things for my mother for her Bunko group. SO, I actually see SEVERAL injustices here, but the worst is that I literally went through every single piece of paper in the recycle bin and what I was looking for wasn't in there in the first place! UGH! At least it wasn't right where I'd left it... Now THAT would have been an injustice! LOL

The scrap of paper I was hunting for!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

THE SWEET

My little Emily draws me pictures all the time. Usually on very small pieces of paper from her little princess notebooks in her room. Most, I will admit, get saved for a day or two and then find their way into the recycle bin (gasp!) but I've quickly found I just can't keep EVERYTHING and so I keep my favorites. Some make their way to the art center (I'll have to remember to make a post about that!), and some she displays totally on her own. There was one in my master bathroom for quite a long time after I returned home from my appendectomy. Another one is currently hanging on the hallway side of my bedroom door. I think it will stay there for a long time...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

THE HIGHS AND LOWS

of sugar... Here's Jared with his cotton candy colored tongue at the ball game last night:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here he is on his way to getting extra sticky and extra wound up:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here he is in the 11th inning of the game (LONG GAME, ended at 11pm and our team ended up losing...) after the sugar has long since worn off:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

THE HILARIOUSLY EMBARRASSING

I have no clue just quite how this happened to me, but tonight I was chasing Connor through the house so I could get the little monkey into his pajamas and ready for bed (okay, so he's not all that fast, but he had a head start! LOL); I took two steps into my room bent down to grab Connor up and turned around as I was standing back up and I suddenly found myself well and truly TRAPPED. My belt loop had hooked itself around the decorative loop of the doorknob and I couldn't get myself loose! I couldn't turn around to see just what was looped through (there are two belt loops side by side on the pants I was wearing and the one loop hooked all the way around, and the other loop hooked partially around, and I couldn't figure out by feel just which part needed to go where to get myself unstuck). Honestly, this really happened! I had to have Emily come unhook me, and I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face. Emily was giggling right along with me, Jared kept doing his LOUD fake laugh he's rather fond of doing lately, and the baby was off getting into all sorts of trouble, I'm sure... Upon my release, I ran for the camera to take a picture of the offensive doorknob (had I been slightly more sane at the time, I'd have had Emily run and take a picture as proof, but I didn't think about it). Anyway, here's the doorknob: (LOL!)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

MULTIPLE JOBS

Have I ever mentioned what Emily wants to be when she grows up? A ballerina ice skater during the week and a rock and roll girl on the weekends! And have I ever told you that she came up with that idea all by herself? And did you know she doesn't even take ice skating lessons? The ballet part I can understand, as she's loved the idea of ballet pretty much since she could talk. She was well and truly obsessed BY age two when she recieved her first tutu on her birthday:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She's still a little obsessed with ballet (and having her hair done, and wearing frilly froo froo stuff):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And I can understand the rock and roll part, because her dad sings her rock and roll songs at bedtime. She can easily sing along with Ozzy's "Mama I'm comin' home", ACDC's "TNT", Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive", Guns N Roses "Patience" (excuse me if I have artists or song names messed up, rock and roll isn't as much MY thing!) and several others. Yeah, the rock and roll part I can understand:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's the ice skating bit I'm still a little clueless over...

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

I have to say that I laughed out loud at you getting stuck on the door knob. At least it was that kind and not the round ones... lol.