Friday, September 7, 2007

Bus issues

I'm not overly convinced about this whole school bus issue afterall! Yesterday afternoon, I nearly had a heart attack when, after three kids (none of them were Emily) got off the bus, the bus driver was prepared to shut the door and drive away as there were no other kids making the attempt to get off. I stepped forward, probably looking entirely panic stricken, which caused some alarm on the part of the driver (who, as it turns out, had just spent the five minutes previous working out getting a child OFF his bus who wasn't supposed to be there, and onto the appropriate bus). At the point where I was halfway up the steps on the bus to check for myself that Emily wasn't there, she spotted me and realized it was her stop... All was fine. But then today, I was just to the bottom of the alley we have to walk down on our way to the bus stop, when the bus was driving by! I ran forward yelling, "STOP!!!" (Kinders are supposed to be taken back to school if there isn't the appropriate adult at the stop waiting for them, and I was most definately NOT at the bus stop yet). The driver stopped, opened his window, commented my child was waiting with "some lady at the bus stop" (his words!), then made a very CASUAL sounding comment about him being five minutes early (like it was no big deal...), then proceded to shut his window and drive off. I'm imagining Emily being very upset and worried standing there next to some strange woman and started RUNNING to get to her. Dan told me to just let him go on ahead, so HE sprinted over and thanked the woman. Emily was fine. The woman was the grandmother to a little girl in her class, but could have been some WHACK-O for all the driver knew... So now I have to show up ten minutes early "just in case" forever more... SIGH!!!

2 comments:

MSuparat said...

Oh my gosh...that would really freak me out too! I hope the being early solves the problems. Hopefully it has something to do with being a new school year. Soon the driver will know all of the kids and their parents and it better.

Unknown said...

OMG...I'd be talking to the school if it becomes an issue...That is UNACCEPTABLE....