Monday, September 24, 2007

The politics of football

The politics of football are something I will never fully understand, and don't plan to invest much energy in TRYING to understand either! Yesterday, I walked past Dan watching a football game on TV on my way to the laundry room with a load of towels. He started cheering LOUDLY so I paused to see what it was he was cheering about. He was cheering FOR the Seattle Seahawks. Dan HATES the Seattle Seahawks! Cheers AGAINST them on a normal day. My jaw must have dropped open clear to the floor and my eyes were bugged out, for sure. Upon questioning him as to WHY IN THE WORLD he was cheering for the Seahawks, I was told that the Seahawks were playing against a team in the same division as the Steelers, so if that team LOST, it boosted the Steelers' ratings within their own division. So in the interest of the Steelers, he cheered for the Seahawks yesterday. But come October 7th AT Heinz Field in PA, he will NOT be cheering for the Seahawks; he'll be in the stadium cheering for the STEELERS.

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

So, you did get tickets?? WOO HOO!