Saturday, September 15, 2007

The fence

Emily's bus stop is situated at a "T" in the road in our neighborhood, which means we stand alongside the fence of one our neighbors. Emily was talking rather animatedly about her upcoming day while we awaited the bus the other morning. She was smiling and sweet and I realized the fence made for a rather nice background for a picture. I happened to have my camera on me (nice when that works out, because as much as I carry it around "just in case," I can't tell you how many times I've said, "I wish I had my camera!") so I took her picture.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Jared, who normally runs away screaming when he sees me whip out my camera, suddenly decided his little world would end if I didn't take his picture ASAP. So I did.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At which point, I realized I couldn't have a picture of two of my children in front of the fence, and not of all three, so I had to take Connor's as well. He wasn't very cooperative.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm seeing some really awesome potential for some great pictures using this fence. A sunnier day, Emily with a handful of flowers, maybe sitting on the ground so the top of the fence doesn't end midway up their bodies... But I'm not sure I can bring myself to actually show up with props and camera and literally camp out in front of our neighbor's house alongside the street. It's tempting, very tempting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are your neighbors parent of children or animals? THEY will totally understand! AND in the town that you live in, no one will think twice when they see you out there. Your neighbors might even be able to start charging ;)

Unknown said...

She looks like a proud little kindergartener!