Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Pirate stuff

I read this the other day and it made me laugh. Okay, so I'm a nerd, but whatever...

"To err is human, to arr is pirate."

And since we're on the subject of pirates, here's a joke for you:

What is a pirate's favorite place to eat?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Arrrrrby's

And some more pirate stuff: Jared has two very fun books about Pirates. One is called How I Became A Pirate, the other is called Pirate's Don't Change Diapers and is a Part Two to the first one, (written by Melinda Long, illustrated by David Shannon). The illustrations are REALLY goofy, but the kids really get a kick out of the books. I especially like the first one, where it specifically mentions several pirate-talk phrases. I keep waiting for the opportunity to use "landlubber" and "scurvy dog." And some day at dinner-time, I think I'll just suddenly shout out, "Down the hatch, me laddies!" The kids would think I was the coolest mom ever. HA! The second book introduces us to the phrase, "Shiver me timbers! What be this vile smellin' swill?" I can't wait to use THAT one some day, too!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(David Shannon is also the author/illustrator of another of our favorite books, Alice the Fairy. Emily was given this book for her birthday (when she was four?) and we've read it several hundred times since then, I'm sure. VERY CUTE.)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I should mention that Jared is planning on being a pirate for Halloween. You should see his pirate face!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look sooooo cute! I must order...now!

Melissa said...

Jared and his love for pirates cracks me up! Can't wait to see what you come up with for his pirate costume!

Kristina said...

I know we are hoping for a speedy recovery, but I think his "battle scarred" nose just adds to his pirosity!! (Not a real word, I know, but I think it fits!)