Saturday, September 1, 2007

Forgot to mention...

Forgot to mention that at breakfast the next morning, Connor FLIPPED OUT when I put Cheerios on his tray. Screamed, kicked his feet, took one big swipe at the Cheerios and sent them flying all over the diningroom... I thought, at first, that maybe he'd just had his fill the night before (though he truthfully didn't end up with all that many), but then it became rather apparent he wanted to serve himself. Once I pulled the bag out, tipped it just far enough that the cheerios were right at the opening, he was the happiest baby in town reaching in and grabbing out a few handfuls to put on his highchair tray HIMSELF. Isn't he too young to be feeling entitled to some independence?!? aughhhh! (and in case you don't speak "mommy," that, in this case, means, "I'M LOSING MY MIND! I CAN'T STAY ONE STEP AHEAD OF MY KIDS NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY! WILL I SURVIVE THIS EXPERIENCE WITH MY SANITY INTACT?" and then probably something about "AND NOW I HAVE TO CRAWL AROUND PICKING UP DISCARDED CHEERIOS...UGH!")

No comments: