Thursday, October 11, 2007

Art Class

Emily started an art class yesterday afternoon. She'll go for an hour after school every Wednesday until December 10th. The kids will get to test out a variety of different things, such as drawing, painting, and working with clay. Yesterday, they started out with drawing and talking about shading and details and whatnot. They drew an artichoke, pumpkin, ice cream cone and there was supposed to be a carrot, but Emily ran out of time for that one. I think this is a really neat opportunity for her. Here's her work from yesterday:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The ice cream cone "ise crem cone" is in the furthest left corner, and if you look carefully, you'll notice the cherry on top. The little critter next to it is a mouse, which I think she just drew for fun because I didn't notice the other kids drawing mice on their papers! LOL I think the pumpkin and the artichoke are pretty obvious and the stuff on the far right is just practice lines, according to Emily. She had a BLAST! I asked her if she had a great time and she lit up like you wouldn't believe. "YES!!!! Do I get to come back tomorrow????"

I LOVE little kid drawings. I think they're the cutest things on the planet. I'm going to find a nice frame for this one for her room as her first ever art class project. SO CUTE! LOL

4 comments:

MSuparat said...

That is adorable! I'm glad she likes it so much!

Betsy Hart said...

she is a good little artist. I can't wait to see what M's pictures look like!! And I can't wait to see what the rest of art class teaches Miss Emily!

Unknown said...

so sweet! Her ice cream looks nummy!

Kristina said...

Kid artwork is some of the best artwork in the world! And I love that she follows directions, but adds her own flair!