Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sleeping

As usual, just before I headed to bed for the night (or in this case, just before I headed to bed at 2am!!), I went and checked on the kids (who were both in their blow-up beds in Emily's room as a special treat while daddy's out of town). Emily was burrowed down deep in the covers, Jared was half covered, arms flung wide, and Connor, well, Connor was in one of his many strange positions, though less strange than I've seen in the past. It occurred to me suddenly, that as much as Emily takes after her daddy, it's ME you'll find buried down deep in the covers. And as much as people say Jared takes after me, it's DAN you'll find half-covered. And Connor just sets his own standards. The other day, I went to check on him, and he was sleeping with his body stretched out across the short width of the crib, with his legs hanging out between the slats from the knee downs. And a few days before that, he was on his back, one arm hanging out from between the slats, one leg bent up at the knee, which his back arched up and over the wadded up blanket. He ends up ON TOP of his wadded up blanket more often than not, which prompted us to try giving him a pillow at night thinking that might help.

What do you think, did it help? LOL
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Doesn't she look warm and cozy? Makes me want to head straight back to bed and snuggle into the covers!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think my arms would lose proper circulation if I slept like this, and would be rendered completely useless.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Which reminds me of a really funny story my friend Dave told me YEARS ago about how he woke up in the middle of the night and felt something across his neck and thought he was being strangled. Once he woke up a little bit more, he realized it was his own arm, which had "fallen asleep" and was dead weight against his throat. LOL!

(take note of the cute pillowcases my Auntie made for the kids!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I'm like Emily...I get burrowed in my covers too! LOL! Cute LEAH!

Unknown said...

Aww nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby! :) (or kid_)