Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Conversation With Jared

Last night at dinner, we had a very interesting conversation with Jared. It went something like this (I tried to write it down word for word but wasn't quite fast enough, but know that this is pretty darn close, at least!! LOL)

Jared: I like to kiss girls at school.
Dan: You kiss girls at school?
Jared: Yeah, I kiss a lot of girls.
Dan: Like who?
Jared: Um...Audrey
Dan: Does Audrey like it when you kiss her?
Jared: (in a very "duh dad" sort of tone) yeah...she's my friend!
Leah: Do you kiss all your friends?
Jared: No, only Audrey, because she's gonna be my bride someday.
Dan: huh, really? That's nice to know (choking back laughter)

A few minutes go by while we eat and suddenly:

Jared: I'm gonna need to find a house.
Dan: When you're all grown up, or now?
Jared: When I'm a little bit big, like you.
Dan: You're going to have to have a good job to pay for a house.
Jared: Dad! I'm gonna bring the cakes over!
Dan: What is that job all about?
Jared: I bring the cakes over that the girls show people.
Dan: Are you going to bake the cakes?
Jared: NO! I'm gonna bring the cakes over that the girls show people.
Dan: I don't know if that job will pay enough to have a house, Audrey might have to work, too.
Jared: She will.
Dan: What job will she have?
Jared: She'll bring the cakes over.
Dan: You guys will have the same job!
Jared: I know!
Dan: What do you like about Audrey?
Jared: she's gonna be my bride someday

There was some more just general conversation for awhile and then the subject turned to Audrey's mom, who supposedly wears a bow in her hair! Not that I've seen, by the way...

I love having conversations with my children where they are taking themselves really seriously and it's all we can do not to just laugh out loud!!

2 comments:

Kaci said...

LOL! Nice! That was so funny!! I bet she's a pretty bride Jared!! =)

Kristina said...

Wow...now that's a kid who knows what he wants! I wonder if Audrey knows she's been spoken for?? How cute.