Monday, October 1, 2007

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye!

Emily said a cheerful goodbye to her first loose tooth last night!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's been loose for about two months now, but because the permanent tooth is growing up BEHIND the baby tooth, there wasn't anything to shove the baby tooth out like would normally happen. So it took FOREVER. I was giving it a wiggle yesterday morning and the back part was loose enough to see the gap underneath, but the front part was still rather firmly attached. When I tried last night, the tooth wiggled really far forward, and then it wiggled really far back (first time that happened) so I grabbed a tissue and popped it right out. I think it was just sitting in her mouth because she didn't feel a thing!

You can see the adult tooth growing in BEHIND the gaping hole in her mouth (I labeled it just in case, but it seems pretty obvious to me! It's actually broken the surface, just hasn't grown very far out yet)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A close inspection will show you the permanent tooth to OUR left of the lost tooth is coming in behind as well. The baby tooth in front of IT has been wiggly for the same two months the other one was, but it hasn't gotten any wigglier. Another two months, you think? LOL!

The tooth Fairy left her a CUTE certificate, a letter and $5 (guess she thinks those first teeth are worth top dollar!)

Her wings and wand are glittery, and so are the big words across the top and the outline of the yellow-ish section behind the tooth image
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I think my scanner is out of alignment somehow. The certificate AND the letter were both flush with the edges and I tried three different times to scan them and they both keep coming up crooked. (the letter is also supposed to have little yellow stars all around the edges, but I guess the yellow was too pale for the scanner to pick up on)
The teeth, her wings and wand are glittery on this one
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awhhh way to go Emily!

Leah--You should sale those...awesome work!

Anonymous said...

My sweet Emily Grace has lost her first tooth! Oh my how time
has passed so quickly.
I remember how thrilled we were when she got that tooth!
Dum Dums are sugar free right!???
Smile...You know what I do for
a living!

Anonymous said...

You make the rest of us non-creative mommies look bad! LOL I know a mom who's tooth fairy leaves the kids money from other countries!