Saturday, November 8, 2008

Another milestone met

Connor is now officially in the lower bunk of the bunk beds, and Jared is in the top bunk. All three of my kids are in "big kid" beds now. The toddler bed is going to my cousin for her son, as soon as she gets a chance to drive down here to pick it up. It's been almost two weeks, but it still feels weird to walk into the room to check on the boys, and to see little Connor in this huge bed (huge compared to HIM!). And short of climbing up the ladder and onto the upper bunk, I can't kiss Jared's forehead as he sleeps any longer when I check on him. (I'll also briefly mention that putting clean sheets on that upper bunk is a real pain in the bum!!!).

The boys are THRILLED with the new arrangements. Connor went straight to bed without a fuss, and I can count on one hand the number of times that's happened since moving him out of the crib into the toddler bed (nearly a year ago).
Connor

Jared

Jared navigates the ladder very well, even in the middle of the night, and Connor's only fallen out once (tough kid didn't even cry, and in the teeny bit of time it took me to jump out of bed to investigate the giant thud I'd heard, he'd already climbed back into bed on his own!).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww such big boys sharing a bunk bed. So fun. Other than changing the sheets - I agree that sucks. I used to have bunk beds growing up and when I was old enough I had to change my own. I understand why. No fun.

We never used a toddler bed with my daughter and I'm not planning to with my son either, but I also plan on keeping him in there...well for a while yet. We're finally just now getting a handle on sleeping through the night. Yes at 17 months. Somewhere between 18 and 20 my daughter moved into a twin. How different kids can be.

Shauna said...

Such sweet pictures! They grow up so fast! Have a beautiful weekend! ♥ Hugs!

Betsy Hart said...

Those are sweet innocent sleeping picures!! LOVE THEM!

Anonymous said...

Tell Jared I'm jealous of his SNOWMAN sheets!!

Anonymous said...

yayyyyyy!!

Kaci said...

Oh man no way! When did he become a big boy?

Unknown said...

They grow up way too fast. TOF still sleeps in a crib at my house, my feeble attempt at slowing time.

Shan said...

What cute pictures. And I love the sheets!