Monday, November 24, 2008

This and that

I was going to do an "As Emily sees it" post, but I can't find her camera ANYWHERE, so therefore can't post any pictures from it. HUFF PUFF SIGH!!

Instead, I thought I would ramble on for a bit, and see where it takes me! ha!

SOMETHING FUNNY I HEARD THIS WEEK: (Jared to Emily) "Emily, remember when we were just little kids?"

SOMETHING I'M DREADING: The fancy work dinner at a seafood place I have to attend with Dan and the four other guys and their spouses from his office (he works for a large company, but most of the guys are in the field; this dinner is JUST for the office people, and the company party will be later in December). I don't do fancy restaurants, I don't really eat seafood, I'm terribly shy... This dinner is a BIG deal and I'm petrified of the entire thing.

SOMETHING I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO: Seeing "baby mouse" Emily in The Nutcracker in a few weeks. She's been working really hard, and she and I are both sooooo excited for the event!

SOMETHING I THOUGHT I'D NEVER SAY: That my dad was right about the two tattoos I got. It's not so much that I regret getting them, but they don't mean much to me anymore. If I had the chance to go back in time and get them again, I probably wouldn't. That's not saying I wouldn't get a tattoo at all, but I think I'd at least hold off on the lower back one, as that's the one my tastes have changed the most about.

SOMETHING I'M PROUD OF: Emily's school conference was last week and her teacher had nothing but fantastic things to say about my little girl. She's reading at a 2nd grade level, has exceptional behavior in class, is friendly with everyone, extremely helpful... Her teacher says she has zero concerns about anything acedemically or otherwise. Way to go Emily!

SOMETHING I'M EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT: I was jealous of Emily and extremely hurt when she was only a few days old. Her daddy came home from work while I was busy washing dishes, and he greeted me with his usual "Hi sweetie pie!" I turned away from the sink to return his greeting, only to discover him face to face with Emily; he wasn't talking to me at all! She's still his sweetie pie, and I couldn't be more pleased NOW, but THEN...

SOMETHING I PLAN TO EAT THIS WEEK: home-made cream of potato soup, topped with crumbled bacon and grated cheese. YUM YUM YUM!!!

SOMETHING ELSE I PLAN TO EAT: My favorite meal of all time...THANKSGIVING DINNER, of course! And lucky me, I actually get to eat it twice this week, because we celebrated with my family yesterday, and will celebrate with Dan's family Thursday. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, pumpkin pie, ETC!!!!

SOMETHING I'M PONDERING: At what point does it go from motherly to creepy if I'm going into my children's bedrooms and checking on them before heading off to bed myself? I've honestly tried just heading to bed without straightening their blankets, kissing their foreheads, making sure lovies are still accounted for, etc, and I CAN'T GET TO SLEEP until I've done it. I assume I'm still in the safe zone since my eldest is only 6.5, but it some point it must turn creepy. Any ideas? LOL

SOMETHING I PLAN TO PURCHASE SOON: Stjude.org has Christmas ornaments for sale; each one is based on a patient's drawing, and proceeds go towards research and patient care. They're entirely affordable, and I think they're CUTE! Check them out HERE.


Okay, that's enough from me for now!

PS Kristina is hosting a contest with a pretty fantastic prize, so head on over HERE and play!!

8 comments:

MERRIANNE said...

you are always so funny!!! :) i love getting to know you better!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

So I must ask, that tattoo on your lower back, did it prevent you from getting an epidural? Glitter Gurl has one and Augie Dawgs said she heard something like that. So I'm naturally wondering. 75% of my kids have tattoos, what are they thinking!

Anonymous said...

Yeah tattoos are a difficult thing. I absolutely love mine and can't wait to get more work done on it. Come on Christmas cash! ;) But my brother has 3 that I'm sure at one point he will look back and wonder if he'd do it again.

Good luck with the dinner. I don't think I'd be comfortable abut that either. And the fact that it's seafood would make it all the worse for me too - I'm not a fan either.

Betsy Hart said...

I will trade you places for the dinner, k? I am CRAVING seafood. Too bad it isn't good for preggos. :( Grumble grumble. lol.

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving is DEFINITELY my favorite meal.....cant wait.

and every time I regret my tattoo, I just go and add something to it. I know. It's weird. Even now I see it as a work in progress....hmm.

Rachel said...

Can't wait to see pics of little miss in the Nutcracker! I just got tickets to take Princess on a double mom date to go see it done by our local Ballet Company! She is sooo excited!

Too funny that you posted about potato soup the day that I posted a recipe for it. Let me know if you try my version! My hubs has actually praised it as better than his mom's. That's saying something ;-)

MWAH!

Valarie said...

I don't do fancy restaurants and I despise seafood, too. You are shy?? Really?? I never would have guessed that from reading your blog. You have an awesome sense of humor. You should share it with as many people as you can.
Enjoy your (second) Thanksgiving dinner!

Shan said...

My brother has already had the first tattoo he got when he was 18 (he's 33 now) covered over with something else.

I hear you on the dinner thing. Mike volunteered me to help out serving ice cream to 300 people tonight. Ack! I'm freaking out about it a whole lot.