Sunday, November 30, 2008

Quote of the Week

"Never underestimate a child's ability to get into more trouble."

~Martin Mull~

You'd think I'd have learned that by now, but Connor just keeps finding new ways to surprise me. The other day, Dan found him up on the counter, having gotten into the candy container in the cupboard, stuffing his face full of chocolate. When asked how he'd gotten up there in the first place, Connor showed Dan how he used the 1/2 depth of the drawer fronts (drawers closed) as toe holds and climbed up the four drawers to get onto the counter. Emily and Jared never even looked at those drawer fronts twice, let alone come up with the idea that the drawer fronts could make a good ladder, and then tested and perfected the idea. How do you "toddler-proof" that? LOL

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Connor and Monkey are very similar. You have my utmost sympathies and just know that I am laughing with you, not at you.

Betsy Hart said...

Um. Wow. Mine wouldn't be above using a chair, but I don't know that they could come up with that one! :)

MERRIANNE said...

LOL
GOOD LUCK with that! :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing that he could pull the weight of his body up
the "ladder". He is none too light! Sturdy little fellow that he is!

Shan said...

Sounds like my house. I have actually found found Maya in places, like the top of her change table for instance, and put her back on the ground and asked her to climb up again. Just so I could see how she did it.

Anonymous said...

*L* I love how they are so quick to show off their secrets of how they did it. ;) Proud of their accomplishment.

Cattigan said...

I feel your pain, sister!

Kaci said...

LMAO!!!!!!! :)