Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...

Why is it that no matter how well the lights were working the year before, or how well you store them, or the fact that you not only tested them once, BUT TWICE, before spending two hours putting them onto your tree, this happens when you plug them in?christmas

After replacing one strand in the middle of the tree (because, OF COURSE not one of the 30+ extra bulbs I had in my house fit that particular strand of lights, which burnt out ONE bulb at some point after the TWO tests we'd done to check the strand), and doing some fancy jiggling/adjusting of the connection between two other strands, it's now in working order.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because the lights hate us. I have a pre lit tree and I need to go out after some replacement bulbs. Frustrating.

Kristina said...

Isn't that the truth?? For the last few years, J and I have not even bothered with a tree. As soon as I get out of school for break, we head over to the other side of the state. It's a lot of trouble and expense to go to for just about two weeks of enjoyment...but I miss it. I don't miss stringing the lights, though. I'm normally opposed to "fake" trees, but this year we are considering it because we miss putting out the Christmas decorations!

But the worst part about a light going out?? It's sometimes impossible to figure out which one it was.

Cindy Lou Who said...

That happened to me last year...My DH was so thoughtful to stand there laughing at my frustration...I wanted to rip the tree apart. LOL

Betsy Hart said...

You totally tricked me with this post yesterday! I thought I was going nuts, it was there on my new blogs to read screen, but then I would click and NADA! Told me page didnt' exist! AS IF! lol. Sorry about the tree woes. Lights suck. I ususally just buy new ones, they make me so ANGRY!

Mom said...

I hate when that happens!!!!

Shan said...

I have to admit the LED lights are better, but they don't throw the same kind of light that the original mini lights do. Thankfully Mike usually deals with the lights, both inside and out.

Kaci said...

Oh I would of been so livid!! It's a friggin work out to put lights up I tell ya! :)