Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ask and ye shall receive!

We got SNOW yesterday afternoon and into the midnight hours. The last time my yard got this much snow, Emily was 19.5 months old (that was FIVE years ago, people!).
Photobucket

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfalfa!" (Alfalfa, Little Rascals, 1994 version) Because what came down in the midnight hours was teeny little ice balls (I guess that's what they call freezing rain?), which turned the first few inches of nice powdery FUN snow, into HEAVY SLUDGY yucky snow. In trying to make a snowball, you discover you're only able to make an ice ball.

We have yet to bundle up and test out sledding and snowman making, but we WILL. We just need to eat some breakfast first. To say I'm a little disappointed is an understatement, but I guess at least we got some snow... I just wish it had stayed the nice powdery kind the kids could have really enjoyed much better!

I'll either update this post later with more pictures, or I'll start a new post tomorrow with pictures (depending on how busy the day gets)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your yard is beautiful! It must be a sight in the summer :) Looking forward to more pictures, I love pictures. Enjoy your Sunday. Don't pass out, I'M CLEANING HOUSE!

Cindy Lou Who said...

Just in time for a White Christmas! Enjoy!

Betsy Hart said...

WOW! That is alot of snow. The stories just don't do it justice! :D

Ashley said...

Wow, that is so beautiful! Enjoy it and stay safe! Someday I will have a white Christmas! Can you believe I've never had one?

Kaci said...

FUN! =>