Monday, December 8, 2008

Recent knitting projects

I recently completed this cupcake hat, meant for Gracie next month when she turns one year old. I saw the pattern online before she was even born and thought it was adorable! I was glad to have an excuse to make it. The pattern called for a red pom-pom on top like a cherry, but I liked the idea of a candle on top instead, so made the attempt, and I think it came out pretty well! Hopeully she'll at least wear it long enough to pose for a picture!
knitting

And I just finished this little Christmas tree hat today. I found the pattern about a week ago and our neighbors are having their baby this coming Tuesday (c-section) and I thought Ryder would be the perfect excuse to try making the hat. I had to mess with the pattern a bit because I didn't have tiny enough needles (and didn't want to make the trip out just for needles), so hopefully it'll actually fit. Even if it's just long enough for a pic! ha ha! It fits snugly on Em's "Boy Baby" doll, and his head is bigger than a newborn, so I'm pretty confident it should work out decently.
knitting

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are adorable. I must say it again, you are very talented!

Anonymous said...

I love um'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Leah, they are CUUUUUTE!! I want to knit so I can make them too. Awesome knits are so much easier to find than awesome crochet patterns.

Cindy Lou Who said...

Way cute - you are so good at it! You go Girl! :o)

Betsy Hart said...

Those are soo cute!! (when is easter this year?? I am thinking little egg hat?? How much leah?? LOL) In all seriousness, how much would you charge for a preemie hat?

Mom said...

Cute projects, I always wanted to learn how to knit, but I am pretty challenged when it comes to stuff like that.

Kaci said...

I love your creations...I need to order a scraf from you. =>

MERRIANNE said...

ok.
you are so crafty!
i wish i was!!!!!

Jessica said...

That is soooo cute. I can not wait to get it on her head. She will love it. Now I have to find a matching outfit for her to wear. Thanks!

Jen said...

OMG I made that cupcake last year for Reese! LOL sans candle though which is really cute BTW