Sunday, December 28, 2008

Build-a-Bear

Jared has been VERY into putting clothes on his Build-a-Bear, Blueberry, for the last few months. We have Tin Man and Scarecrow outfits from several years ago at Halloween when Emily was Dorothy and Jared was the Cowardly Lion (which I'd forgotten we even had until he dug them out and was playing with them), and we also have a Superman outfit for his bear, which he picked out on his third birthday. When it came time to pass out gift ideas for Jared to family members, I knew BAB clothes for his bear would be a good suggestion, and I knew Superhero themed clothes, most especially, would be GREAT. I was right. Jared got a Spiderman outfit for his bear from my parents and he instantly wanted Blueberry taken out of the Steelers outfit Santa had left:

(Em's bear got a Steelers outfit as well, and Santa just wasn't really thinking Connor would enjoy clothes for his bear yet, but SANTA WAS WRONG!)
build a bear

The next present Jared opened was a Batman outfit for his bear, and so Blueberry immediately changed from Spiderman to Batman:
Jared,build a bear

Connor's bear got a firefighter outfit from my parent's, and he's been happily hauling around his bear dressed in it's new outfit.

Build-a-Bear can really nickle and dime a person, but those darling little bears (and other animals), and those cute little clothes truly bring joy and fun to little kids! Emily never got as much into dressing her bear as Jared is, so I didn't really understand all the hype, but in witnesses Jared in the recent months, I GET IT. It's truly fun waiting to see what Blueberry will be dressed up as on any given day, and to hear the crazy story-plots that Jared comes up as well.

5 comments:

Cindy Lou Who said...

They are cute! You can also buy bear clothes online for much cheaper. A few stores around here carry generic brands of them too. So check around. I wont pay BAB's prices for the clothes! They charge enough for the bear. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I used to love to dress dolls up but was never into stuffed animals so much.
Connor seems to keep up with the big kids! Have fun! Snow is almost gone here. YIPPEEE!

Betsy Hart said...

I would LOVE to hear some stories about Blueberry! :) Cute cute bear!

Kaci said...

Well I think those bears are adorableeeeeeeeee!!!

Ashley said...

CUTE!!! I love the cheerleader bear!