Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I was tagged twice

Betsy tagged me to list six random things about myself, and then a few days later, she tagged me AGAIN to list TEN random things about myself. So I guess that leaves me stuck listing SIXTEEN random things about myself.

Here goes!

1. I get teary-eyed at Hallmark card and ornament commercials. EVERY TIME.
2. I was able to purchase a size SMALL dress last week. SMALL! It's been YEARS since I bought anything SMALL. It won't hold true for all clothing, though. I'm somewhat tall, and have broad shoulders. But I bought a size SMALL dress
4. I made them let me keep the hanger. LOL I liked seeing the yellow plastic S
5. I created my own template for the photo Christmas cards I'm sending out this year
6. I bought a cheapy calendar in the dollar section at Target last year. It's a small sized one and it has "place photo here" slots for every month. I hung it by my computer desk and never once placed a photo anywhere near it. Though I had intended to. ha ha!
7. I used to say that no matter how full I was, there wasn't much that could talk me into turning down birthday cake, chocolate chip cookies, or brownies. However, after watching what I eat (eating only until I'm full, not going crazy with sweets, etc), I've kind of lost a lot of taste for sweets. It was an addiction/habit that started while I was pregnant with Jared, and five years later, I'm proud to announce it's an addiction/habit no longer! Now, that's not saying I don't enjoy sweets from time to time, but I CAN say no if I'm full, and I CAN stop with just a few bites.
8. I wish I had an extra month before Christmas. My life has been a whirlwind of THINGS and now Christmas is right around the corner and I've pretty much done ZERO shopping, ZERO decorating, and have ZERO time in the near future to rectify either situation. I'm a little stressed...
9. I have Jared sleeping on the top bunk in a sleeping bag instead of sheets and blankets, because I just flat out didn't have the time or the energy, or the desire to muscle sheets and blankets back onto the bed after washing them this weekend. Have you ever tried making the top bunk? It's not easy! I don't recommend it.
10. My "to do" list could wrap around the Earth 12 times.
11. I won a $50 itunes gift card, which got sent out a week ago, but hasn't arrived. I'm pretty convinced it was stolen. And I know it was sent, because the hostess of the contest is on the up and up.
12. I won several coloring contests at local grocery stores when I was a kid. You used to get to choose a 6 pack of soda and a thing of ice cream. I always chose rootbeer and vanila ice cream and we'd make rootbeer floats.
13. I also won a GIANT stuffed pink bunny in a drawing when I was little. It went pretty much from floor to ceiling, and was a few feet wide. There's photo evidence of the monstrosity at my mother's house somewhere. I'll have to dig it up.
14. When I was growing up, there were a few (just a few!) people who would call me Leah Pia. Mostly as a joke by acquaintances. Minus one brother/sister pair, I never got bullied or picked on that I'm aware of. But I did get called Leah Pia from time to time. Until I was in fourth grade, that is, and a girl named Pia moved to my town from Denmark. That was the end of Leah Pia!
15. My dream job (besides being a mommy) would be to somehow manage to get paid to hold people's newborn babies. LOL I don't care whose baby it is, I feel very calm and at peace when holding a newborn baby. And they smell so dang good. And they just feel sooooooooo good tucked up against my shoulder, breathing those fast, soft little baby breaths against my neck. ahhhhhhhhh
16. I'm not going to tag anyone because I just flat-out don't have the time to deal with all the code involved in linking names to their blogs. so there! ha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on with your bad self - size small and losing the taste for sweets. geeeeez.

And I understand about the top bunk. Sleeping bag is genius! I used to HATE making my bed when I slept on the top.

Anonymous said...

yay for the size small!!!

oh and I loved the part about the coloring contests. and I love root beer floats.

Betsy Hart said...

FUN!! Now I know LOTS about Leah!!

Kaci said...

What no tags! How about Lazy Leah? KIDDDDDDING!! That suckeroos about the iTunes card...sons of bitches! => XOXO