Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I did it!

I'd mentioned the last time I posted hair pics that I wanted to try the French "cork screw" hair-do down both sides of Emily's head, and I'm pleased to announce that I did it, and it turned out great. Unfortunately, the picture shows off more of the curls than the French "cork screw" portion, but I think you can somewhat tell. They were nice and even on both sides (which I worried about since I had to twist the left side the opposite way as I'd done the right side so the "cork screws" would be mirror images instead of twisting the same way, and I hadn't practiced doing it the other way yet). If she hadn't specifically requested curls, I probably would have joined them into one twist down her back, and then twisted it all into a bun at the base of her neck, with little tiny jeweled claw clips decorating the bun. Since we went the route of curls, I'm dearly wishing I'd had some fat green bows to go in her hair, to go along with the fat green bow on her dress. o'well... LOL

anyway, here's her hair from Thanksgiving!
Emily,hair-do's

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute.

Betsy Hart said...

That is adorable!! You now have sam addicted to hair doing!! lol

Unknown said...

Love Em's hair and your new festive blog too!

Kaci said...

OH WOW WAAAAAAAAY CUTE!

Cindy Lou Who said...

I wish my Emily would sit still long enough for me to be able to do that. Great Job! You gotta post how long it takes you to do each style.

Anonymous said...

That is GORGEOUS! I love all the things you do with Em's hair!

Shan said...

Seriously! You are so talented! LOVE IT!!