Saturday, December 27, 2008

B is for BALL

From the time Connor was mobile enough to maneuver around the playroom to get to toys, he's been most drawn to balls. As a result, we've accumulated a lot of balls over the last two years or so, and even though it's truly a ridiculous amount of balls, they all seem to get played with at some point or another, on a fairly regular basis.

When it came to choosing just the right gift for Santa to bring Connor this year, the basketball hoop I found at Toys R Us seemed perfect. It adjusts from 4-6ft high, which makes it something all three kids can use, and something that will last several more years before they've outgrown it. We could barely get him to open his stocking or his presents because he kept getting up to shoot baskets. Yesterday (day after Christmas), he woke me up by coming into my room, putting both hands on my cheeks and telling me, "I pway baksetball now!" (and yes, he mixed the s and k up, that's not a typo!).

Connor

Connor

He also got a football toss game from my parents, which he thinks is GRAND FUN, but I don't have any pictures of him using it yet (I was cleaning up all the packaging garbage and organizing all the new stuff yesterday while Dan played with him with that game).

5 comments:

Kaci said...

Perfect!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I see visions of basketball scholarships!

Anonymous said...

We have that too! It's a great gift for all the kids. Go Connor!

Betsy Hart said...

Go Connor!! :D Love that boy!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great basketball set up! He's all boy!