Wednesday, December 31, 2008

IT TASTE GOOD!

A few weeks ago, I was making the kids pancakes for breakfast and had everything set out on the counter (butter, syrup, pizza cutter for quickly cutting pancakes into kid-sized bites...). The pancakes were finished cooking, the burner was turned off and the hot pan was pushed back out of the reach of little fingers. The kids were happily eating their pancakes and I left the room to use the bathroom. I wasn't gone more than a minute and a half or so, and walked back into the kitchen just in time to see Connor stuff a huge glob of butter into his mouth, and slide back down to the floor (the little monkey climbs up a set of drawers in a kitchen like they're a ladder). I yelled out in surprise, "EW GROSS! CONNOR! SPIT THAT OUT!" He stops in his tracks, turns back towards me and yells (with a mouth of butter and buttery slobber), "IT TASTE GOOD!" and he takes off running. You can see in this picture how deeply he scooped into the butter with his finger (and if you're thinking that doesn't look too bad, keep in mind that it's a COSTCO SIZED TUB OF BUTTER and then notice that the finger scoop goes nearly the entire way across the width, not to mention how DEEP it goes).
misc

And if that wasn't bad enough, I didn't learn my lesson that time, and left the butter unattended for a few seconds a few days ago, and came back in to see him helping himself to butter AGAIN!

sigh...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids both love to eat butter and it grosses me out!

I had Princess helping me to butter a glass dish once and I walked back in to find her eating the stick of butter!!!! *gag*

Happy New Year Leah!

Cattigan said...

Cam one time decided to help himself to what he thought was cinnamon. I think that cured him of eating random stuff off the counter! LOL

Cindy Lou Who said...

LOL - Kids never stop surprises us!

Happy New Year!

Cindy Lou Who said...

LOL - Kids never stop surprises us!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I used to sneak licks from the sugar bowl when Granny wasn't looking. Not butter!

Kaci said...

Mmmmmm goood! LOL! XOXO

Kellan said...

How funny! My kids all have loved butter too!

Happy New Year, Leah - see you in 2009!

Kellan

Betsy Hart said...

EW EW EW EW!!! I think I would throw up! Thankfully our girls haven't found the butter yet, but I wouldn't put it past Natalie. lol.

LOVE the new look!