Friday, December 5, 2008

Boney fingers

I took the long drive to Seattle last night to meet up with Dan for the fancy dinner we were attending with the other people from his office. In a nutshell, we had a nice time, ate EXPENSIVE (good!) food, and left very full. I bought a cute little dress and even some heels (first time in my life, I think!!) and enjoyed the chance to dress up (even though I'd really been dreading it). On the way home, I was flipping through the radio stations, enjoying the freedom of not having worry about what type of lyrics might come floating through the speakers with small children in my back seat. I put the radio on "scan" at one point, and it scrolled past one station just in time for me to hear a very twangy line of "boney fingers..." Of course I had to stop at the station and figure out what THAT was all about. Maybe this isn't funny to anyone else, but I giggled right out the next time the chorus of the song came on. Darn thing's awfully catchy, too, and since it was still stuck in my head by the time I'd made the long drive home, I thought I'd try youtube-ing it and sharing it with y'all (hey, once you get this song stuck in your head, you'll be saying y'all, too! tee hee!) Fast Forward to 46 seconds if you want to jump straight the chorus to see what I'm talking about


Dan says it's interesting the things I find humorous. LOL!!! I'm guessing he doesn't think it's nearly as funny as I did. Maybe it's just that I was out late and had survived (and even enjoyed!) a night I've been dreading for weeks, and was feeling rather giddy and silly...

What do you think?

4 comments:

ClancyPants said...

That was seriously on your RADIO STATIONS!?? Where do you live again? Alabama? Or was it Mississippi? For real? That is funny... I'd have to agree. If I heard that on the radio I would've blown a head gasket... it would've been a mess. Laughter sprayed all over the car. You know how those gaskets are when they blow.

Too funny! And I'm glad you had fun at your fancy schmancy dinner... complete with heels! Where's the picture of said heels!? ;)

Kristina said...

I've gotta say I agree with Dan...this time... That song is definitely strange. What station did that come on? I've never heard it played on the radio before. On the other hand, perhaps it's come on and I changed it before really listening to it.

Usually we have pretty similar taste in music. You're the one who introduced me to Blackhawk and a few other country groups in high school - before then I had just be listening to a lot of "old" country. But this? Sorry, I don't like it so much.

Anonymous said...

*ROFL* HILARIOUS!

Betsy Hart said...

Maybe it was the wine leah?? lol. I will have to listen when I am at home. Not sure my fellow student would appericiate it, since I have no headphones. lol