Monday, December 15, 2008

New Baby!

Our neighbors had their new baby, Ryder Dean, on Tuesday. Emily and I got to meet him yesterday afternoon for the first time. The boys were both in a funk (J has a bit of a cough and CJ has a bit of a runny nose) so we left them home with Dan. Ryder is so tiny and new. I could have happily held him all day.

knitting,misc

Here's Emily and Sydney (Ryder's big sister) holding him
Emily

Emily was so excited to head off and play with Sydney that she forgot we were there to visit the baby! ha ha! I called up the stairs and asked if she wanted her turn holding Ryder and she all but flew down the stairs in her hurry
Emily

We took him some presents:

Here's the little sweater I knit for him. It's the first sweater I ever knit, and although the pattern says it's sized for a newborn, it seems HUGE to me (even with the sleeves cuffed up)
knitting

better view of the buttons
knitting

The matching hat (which fits him NOW, but the sweater won't fit awhile, so they won't end up being a matched set afterall. LOL)
knitting

And here's a picture frame I decorated with cut-outs using my Cricut machine
crafts

I put his name down the one side
crafts

I used the trucks at the bottom to coordinate with this paper
crafts

I couldn't get a clear picture through the glare of the glass to show off the wording on this paper, but I really liked it and wanted to use it and it tied in color-wise! (it says things like "cute as a button", "bouncing baby boy", "my pride and joy", "sweet little angel", "love at first sight", etc)
crafts

and finally, here is the card
card making

8 comments:

Kristina said...

Cute stuff! You're talented.

ClancyPants said...

Aren't you the talented and crafty little lady!? I'm very impressed. Especially with the sweater. That is awesome, matched set or not! Good work, my friend!

Betsy Hart said...

Wow Leah. You went all out!! LOVE ALL OF IT!!!

Cattigan said...

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! How much coffee do you drink in the day and where do you find the time?!?!?! I say this out of love and the little green monster sitting on my shoulder!!!!

Melissa said...

sooo cute!!!

Unknown said...

Wow Leah, you have a Cricut machine!!?? I want to be your best friend. Beautiful stuff.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on all of it. I haven't attempted a sweater yet. Yours rocks! Love the little buttons. :) And I love my cricut too! They make scrapping so much more fun.

Kaci said...

Wow Leah that looks like it took a ton of work! I bet you enjoyed every bit! He is sooo sweet I wanna cuddle! =>