Monday, November 3, 2008

Cooking disaster

I've been through the recipe a zillion times (and then some) and can't even come close to figuring out what when wrong here:
Photobucket

That started out as 13 spoonfulls of cookie dough on a cookie sheet, which baked down into one pan-sized bubbling puddle of sludge, which I scraped off onto the plate after the suggested 10 minutes baking time. Not enough flour, you might suggest? You'd be wrong, because after viewing THAT disasterous mess, I added a full cup of flour and tried again, with the same results. Added a second full cup of flour, with less disasterous results (they didn't all combine together, but they were very flat, very bubbly puddles of sludge still). At that point, I decided ENOUGH was ENOUGH and tossed out the entire rest of the DOUBLE BATCH of cookie and dough and started over (with much better results).

I know that recipe by heart, and have NEVER had anything like that happen before.

That's an hour and a half of my life I'll never back either! ha!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Leah I LOVE the new header! Can you please show me how to make one?

Kaci said...

EWWWW looks like doodie! :) LOL!

Cattigan said...

What was is suppose to be?!?!!?

Cattigan said...

Not 'is', *it.... my peepers are open to early.

Shauna said...

Love to new look to your blog!

Betsy Hart said...

You mean that isn't what cookies are supposed to look like?? LOL! You are just baking like me Leah!

Mom said...

um.... all I can say is that is really interesting!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm hard to say, but I'm glad the second ake was much better.

Erika said...

Nice! I can't believe you made it again. I would have been done for awhile. I don't like it when I have things not turn out!

ClancyPants said...

Weird... hate it when there are gremlins in the kitchen that mess up tried and true recipes. That is just a weird blobby thing...