Thursday, July 2, 2009

And it's only Thursday?

Saturday: Purposely did not apply sunscreen to my face because of break-out issues, and thought I was doing a great job keeping my back to the sun. Except at some point, the sun shifted and I didn't notice and I burned the right side of my face. While wearing sunglasses... VERY lovely white circles around my eyes, with REALLY pretty layers of skin peeling from my nose and forehead. I'm CUTE! ha!

Sunday: Jared sat down on a bench at my IL's house, which just so happened to have a humongous bees nest attached to the underside, and within seconds, poor Jared was being swarmed. I was up in the house and looked out the big window in time to see Dan running up into the main part of the backyard, and for all intents and purposes, it looked like he was beating the crap out of the kid! The Mama Bear in me charged out of the house ready to defend Jare-bear, but I very quickly saw the thick clusters of bees on his skin and realized what Dan was doing. Jared was stung over 30 times, including one UP HIS NOSE, but he was amazing beyond belief and barely made a peep (during or after!). Within 15-20 minutes after being stung, he even uttered the words, "I'm kind of glad that happened! Now I look tough!" while happily spooning in bites of an ice cream sundae... Quick trip the ER to make sure nothing was up his nose (he kept saying it felt like there was something up there, but it turned out to be a welt INSIDE his nose causing the sensation) and a good night's rest and he was pretty much good as new. Still has some red marks, but nothing else came of the ordeal.

Monday: A nicely packed picnic, planned bike riding outing, and playtime at a local playground totally and completely RUINED by whining, crying, complaining (spoiled rotten little...) children.

Tuesday: After being down by at least one pound THE ENTIRE WEEK since my last weigh-in (every Tuesday, with my partner in crime, Kaci), I suddenly managed to gain weight overnight????

Wednesday: Yet another sunburn (shoulders), because apparently I didn't shake up the bottle of sunscreen well enough OR SOMETHING. Then, a sweet child, thinking she was being funny hopping into the driver's seat while we were helping build a garden area at the preschool, accidentally pressed the automatic lock button before shutting the door, with my keys inside. THANK GOODNESS for my mother who has a key to my home and was able to get the spare key to the van and deliver it to us! I also scored a very painful blister and several painful calluses for my efforts helping out with the gardening stuff at preschool...

Thursday (today): I have to somehow manage to make four stops between 9am and 9:30am and I REALLY don't have any idea how in the world that's going to happen... My kids have been at each other's throats for days on end, despite my pleas, threats (and everything inbetween) and I've reached my limit.

The glass is half full... The glass is half full... The glass is half full...

Isn't it amazing how much better you feel about something after you've gotten it off your chest? Here's to a new day!

PS What's gotten you down this week?

3 comments:

Kaci said...

Wine?

Margarita?

Martini?

:)


What's gotten me down...well I spill my guts to you everyday no need to bore your blog with my stuff. LOL! :)

XOXOX

Cindy Lou Who said...

whining does wonders!

And I totally feel your pain...

Betsy Hart said...

I am amazed you can deal with all that. I would be a heap of crying mess by then! YOU ARE A SUPERMOM!! :) And Kaci, can I join you??