Friday, July 31, 2009

World's Largest Cat

Okay, so maybe Bella isn't the world's largest cat, but after spending time with 2lb Charlie, she sure SEEMS like it!
Emily,pets

Bella is slowly but surely coming out of "hiding" (aka, taking up residence during the daytime hours in my bedroom where she's guaranteed a decent amount of time alone), and is allowing us to spend time with her again. She's never been entirely interested in the boys (especially Connor!), but Emily and I have been used to finding Bella jumping up into our laps as we're sitting down for any length of time. Emily was thrilled today when Bella not only came out of my bedroom, but let Emily walk right up and pick her up.

Bella still doesn't want anything to do with Charlie, though. Last night, she didn't realize he was sleeping next to me on the chair and jumped up into my lap. Charlie lifted his head to look at her and she puffed up, hissed, and smacked him in the face!

I still hold out hope they'll learn to be friends.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

She doesn't look huge, but she does look like a big cat when Emily holds her! Are the boys interested in her, even if she's not interested in them? It'll be interesting to see how my cats react. Zoe LOVED Emily and Jared last time, but Sid hid under the bed in my room till the kids went down for naps. Because they don't nap anymore, I wonder if we'll see Sid at all while you're here? But remember how Zoe followed Emily everywhere? And Jared, too, but just out of arms reach of Jared?

Betsy Hart said...

Good luck with that! :) I hope they eventually get along!

Kaci said...

LOL! Take that Charlie! Poor Charlie! :)

Ashley said...

Awwww cute kitty! I love kitties!